Any fellow birdwatchers out there?

Alexandra33

Chook Snuggler
Apr 3, 2015
Northwest Ohio - The Buckeye State!
@SharW75 , I had the most fun going through your album. :love Stunning pictures. Was just about to suggest we share a similar selection of avian life, when I saw your location! :lol: What is your favorite spot to go birding? :)

I envy your Brown Creeper...my pictures of these guys stink. :lol:

@jnicholes , I'm simply drooling! :clap Fantastic work. :D Northern Flickers are my favorite woodpecker, and it appears you have the Red-shafted! :love How I'd love to see one. It would be a nice change of pace after nothing but Yellow-shafted. ;)

Wonderful close-ups of the raptors.....truly makes one feel like they're right there. :)

~Alex

SharW75

Songster
Jul 26, 2019
Ohio
@Alexandra33 , THANK YOU! :) Many of the pictures I've taken were just around my farm, but there are two places I love to go. One is the docks in Conneaut Harbor on Lake Erie. There is a huge population of eagles there, and I can't believe how many amazing pictures I've taken there. The other place is Pymatuning State Park, which is about 15 miles south of us. There are some great trails and I always see a bunch of interesting birds. :)

jnicholes

Crowing
Feb 16, 2017
Turkey.jpg

I have no idea how I took this picture in town. What the heck are they doing in the city?

jnicholes

Crowing
Feb 16, 2017
So, me and my dad are on our way to Kemmerer Wyoming, when we found this on the side of the road.

20190811_175914_HDR.jpg

Poor little guy was hit by a car and was dying. All we could do was give him a little bit of love before he passed on.

Rest in peace, mr hawk.

Jared

SharW75

Songster
Jul 26, 2019
Ohio
We have a bald eagle family consisting of a parent and two juveniles that lives near us. I've been watching them for the past several years. This morning, they were in the field next to ours, probably feeding on a dead deer that got hit the other day. Even though eagles are fairly common around here now, I never get tired of seeing and watching them! :)

IMG_1715 (2).JPG

IMG_1710.JPG

IMG_1704.JPG

jnicholes

Crowing
Feb 16, 2017
Nice bald eagle family!

A couple days ago, I went to the Peregrine fund bird exhibit. I got to see a turkey vulture up close as well as a bald eagle, and a lot of other birds. It was a great place to go!

Top Bottom