Any fellow birdwatchers out there?

Pics
Bald Eagle Juvenile.jpg
Got this Photo today.

No one's posted on this for awhile...and now we have moved from Portland, Oregon to Lakeside, Oregon, so we have started our list over again. Our yard is completely nekkid...only one small shore pine...so it will be a challenge until some of the many shrubs and trees we planted get some growth on them. We've gotten our hummingbird feeders up, 3 of them, and got hummers almost immediately. We have crows, that I feed each day to where it looks like a scene from "The Birds", and the common ones of course, like starlings. A pine siskin visited my niger feeder but moved on, due to the lack of cover. But the most exciting thing for us is a completely new bird, that came to our birdbath and has staked out the yard as his (hers? not sure) and shows up nearly every day to perch on a high point and swoop down to hunt insects. It's a black phoebe, which is not a species we ever saw in Portland. Its mannerism and tail flicking is charming. I will try to get a picture. In the meantime, here is a picture of one we also never saw in Portland!
20191212_154739.jpg

No one's posted on this for awhile...and now we have moved from Portland, Oregon to Lakeside, Oregon, so we have started our list over again. Our yard is completely nekkid...only one small shore pine...so it will be a challenge until some of the many shrubs and trees we planted get some growth on them. We've gotten our hummingbird feeders up, 3 of them, and got hummers almost immediately. We have crows, that I feed each day to where it looks like a scene from "The Birds", and the common ones of course, like starlings. A pine siskin visited my niger feeder but moved on, due to the lack of cover. But the most exciting thing for us is a completely new bird, that came to our birdbath and has staked out the yard as his (hers? not sure) and shows up nearly every day to perch on a high point and swoop down to hunt insects. It's a black phoebe, which is not a species we ever saw in Portland. Its mannerism and tail flicking is charming. I will try to get a picture. In the meantime, here is a picture of one we also never saw in Portland!View attachment 1989509

That's a NICE turkey! I used to hunt those when I lived in North Idaho.

I'm envious that you have hummers this time of year. Or perhaps you are referring to earlier in the year. My sis-in-law says they have hummers late, in Eugene. Rufous? I believe? Or Anna's.

LOVELY. :love:love:love:love Golden Eagle? :D:D:D I don't spot any white that could indicate juvie Bald.
No one's posted on this for awhile...and now we have moved from Portland, Oregon to Lakeside, Oregon, so we have started our list over again. Our yard is completely nekkid...only one small shore pine...so it will be a challenge until some of the many shrubs and trees we planted get some growth on them. We've gotten our hummingbird feeders up, 3 of them, and got hummers almost immediately. We have crows, that I feed each day to where it looks like a scene from "The Birds", and the common ones of course, like starlings. A pine siskin visited my niger feeder but moved on, due to the lack of cover. But the most exciting thing for us is a completely new bird, that came to our birdbath and has staked out the yard as his (hers? not sure) and shows up nearly every day to perch on a high point and swoop down to hunt insects. It's a black phoebe, which is not a species we ever saw in Portland. Its mannerism and tail flicking is charming. I will try to get a picture. In the meantime, here is a picture of one we also never saw in Portland!View attachment 1989509
Black Phoebe, you say? :pop Any chances you could try to capture a picture for this fanatic? ;):love I'm completely, totally jealous. :lol:

And what a lovely turkey! We have entire flocks of them on our new piece of property. :love:love

~Alex

Rather outdated, but here are a few cuties I got back in October. :love

Field Sparrow -
DSCN0191.JPG
Carolina Wren -
DSCN0163.JPG
Northern Parula -
DSCN0211.JPG
I was incredibly surprised to see this guy, seeing as Northern Parulas likely aren't around (for the most part) during late fall. Kentucky IS a bit warmer, though, which could explain his presence. :)

~Alex

LOVELY. :love:love:love:love Golden Eagle? :D:D:D I don't spot any white that could indicate juvie Bald.

Black Phoebe, you say? :pop Any chances you could try to capture a picture for this fanatic? ;):love I'm completely, totally jealous. :lol:

And what a lovely turkey! We have entire flocks of them on our new piece of property. :love:love

~Alex

Actually, it is a Juvenile Bald Eagle. I labeled it as a golden eagle, and then a friend of mine pointed out later that it was a Juvenile Bald Eagle.

So, it's mislabeled.

Another Kentucky treasure - curious Yellow-bellied Flycatcher! And.....in November? :eek::lol:
DSCN0847.JPG DSCN0919.JPG
Also, Eastern Towhee, a more common winter bird. :love
DSCN0832.JPG
Actually, it is a Juvenile Bald Eagle. I labeled it as a golden eagle, and then a friend of mine pointed out later that it was a Juvenile Bald Eagle.

So, it's mislabeled.
Ahhhh, I see. :) What field marks make it a Bald Eagle, since there isn't much white?

~Alex

Back
Top Bottom