Any Fishing Enthusiasts here ?

Pics
The first walleye I caught, I had no idea what it was, so we tossed it back :th we had recently moved, and didn’t grow up around any walleye.

Of course we took pics first, and was later told we should have kept it, that it’s the best eating. I’m not surprised I haven’t caught a single one since.... but we also have saugeye, a walleye/sauger hybrid, and they are fabulously yummy.

For catching, I enjoy the fight that little sunfish or bluegill put up, and how they make you think they are a huge fish till you get them close. But I think my favorite eating fish has to be crappie or saugeye.

The first walleye I caught, I had no idea what it was, so we tossed it back :th we had recently moved, and didn’t grow up around any walleye.

Of course we took pics first, and was later told we should have kept it, that it’s the best eating. I’m not surprised I haven’t caught a single one since.... but we also have saugeye, a walleye/sauger hybrid, and they are fabulously yummy.

For catching, I enjoy the fight that little sunfish or bluegill put up, and how they make you think they are a huge fish till you get them close. But I think my favorite eating fish has to be crappie or saugeye.

We have Crappie in our pond, they are yummy!

Attachments

• 20170702_150848_1499041600702.jpg
    20170702_150848_1499041600702.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20170702_130304_1499041621550.jpg
    20170702_130304_1499041621550.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 3
  • cow show 2010 023.jpg
    cow show 2010 023.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 5
Hello,

Back from Oregon. Went fishing on the Oregon coast, at the barview jetty in Garibaldi. There were about 30 fisherman there, all trying to fight the surf to catch a fish. For some weird reason, I was the only one that caught fish that day. I caught some surf perch. Big enough to bend my rod, but small enough that I had to throw back. Was using a four ounce pyramid Sinker, and a size 4 octopus hook with sand shrimp on the Sandy side of the jetty. Everybody there was pretty impressed.

After that, I went crabbing on a dock that I used to go to a lot. I caught about 7 crabs, all female. Oregon regulations say you have to throw back the females, and the males have to be 5 and 3/4 inches across to keep. Limit is 12. One guy at the dock, however, did get a male Dungeness crab that was about 8 inches across. No joke. We measured it.

This is a picture of one I caught. Biggest one I caught that day.

20180908_125514.jpg

About 5 inches across. Female. Had to throw back.

While I was digging for clams, I spotted this in the water. Never thought I'd see one.

20180908_122942.jpg

Jellyfish.

Anyway, it was a good trip.

Jared

favourite for me to catch would be a Largemouth Bass or a Northern Pike. For eating, walleye all the way
My favorite to catch is still walleye..... Here they are the biggest thing going.....I could catch big Pike every day.... Steelhead are fun too..... Especially when they get up around 20lbs...... But I still prefer to catch walleye.
I'll probably go salmon fishing next week.
They have started coming into the rivers....

how has the fishing been everyone? we got about a month to a month and a half before the ice gets safe enough to drive on. :(
hoping maybe to get some walking on the ice before that.

but plan to target my family's lake, found out there where fish in it just this year. after catching some minnows and trying to fish it, i think the minnows are either white fish (lake) or tullibee (Cisco, fresh water herring etc..) and while casting i thought i had a strike on my pike lure? so my guess is it was a pike or big old walleye. more likely a pike due to the fact our neighbor thinks there's pike in the lake.

however should be a lot of fun to find out this winter :)

Back
Top Bottom