Any Fishing Enthusiasts here ?

Pics
Nice kitty! What bait did you use? Fishing on the bottom with sliding sinker or what other rig?

If I survive Thursday night's new wave of storms and tornadoes I am planning to go fishing this coming weekend. Last Sunday it was scary. One town not too far from here, Troy, took a direct hit. No one was killed, but a few were injured and many houses and business were destroyed or severely damaged. Power lines down everywhere.

Sorry to hear about your bad weather.

Just bottom fishing and the good ole night crawler tho I use whatever chicken liver bait fish whatever...quite a bit of bass in here too use a rooster usually for that but I like cat fishing the most...Probably going out today as the weathers nice today and tomorrow so what better than to pick a spot on the bank? Been raining on and off here rains good but I’m ready be outside..and I don’t much like rain specially cold rain lol...I’ve never had kidney stones but know people who have and it’s no joke...Troy is that Ohio? I know if a Troy somewheres round here..I know I’m answering both y’all hopefully it’s understandable

@AngieMaesChix, welcome to the thread!

That's a nice catfish. I caught one recently about that size. Chicken liver works well for catfish. I mainly fish in the Snake River here in Southwestern Idaho.

I meant to post this yesterday, but I came down with kidney stones, so I'm posting it today.

View attachment 1740378

View attachment 1740379

I caught three massive crawdads one day, then I trapped seven more yesterday. They were pretty delicious.

I hope I get better. This is the first time I've ever had kidney stones.

I say this a lot, and I wanted to say it to you guys. It basically describes how dedicated I am to going fishing when I want to go.

"The only natural force that can stop me from fishing is a thunderstorm."

Seeing as I live in Idaho, tornadoes, hurricanes, and earthquakes are not on this list.

Jared

Ouch! I had kidney colics and passed a couple of stones in the past. Very, very painful! The last one I passed must have been large and jagged. It hurt tremendously inside my... you know what, and I bled like a stuck pig.
You don't get earthquakes in Idaho? You are not that far from the Yellowstone megagalactic underground timebomb, are you?

Just bottom fishing and the good ole night crawler tho I use whatever chicken liver bait fish whatever...quite a bit of bass in here too use a rooster usually for that but I like cat fishing the most...Probably going out today as the weathers nice today and tomorrow so what better than to pick a spot on the bank? Been raining on and off here rains good but I’m ready be outside..and I don’t much like rain specially cold rain lol...I’ve never had kidney stones but know people who have and it’s no joke...Troy is that Ohio? I know if a Troy somewheres round here..I know I’m answering both y’all hopefully it’s understandable
Troy, Alabama

One could make a few bucks, at 40 dollars a tail and the sale of the pelt. I don't know how much they pay for prime beaver pelts nowadays, though. If I remember correctly in the '70's and 80's in Montana they fetched about 70 dollars. Prime red fox fetched up to one-hundred, coyote 150. And they paid pretty good money for raccoon, badger, and mink. A friend of mine, a shop teacher, added a considerable sum to his salary by trapping, skinning, stretching and drying pelts and selling them in Havre. He also used beaver, mink and coyote pelts to have a gorgeous and incredibly warm knee-long coat with hood made for him professionally. It kept him nice and toasty warm even at forty below when he rode a snowmobile. It looked like an Eskimo parka.
as a trapper i can say beavers are like $15 dollars at most there market has crashed big time. the fur market is not the best right now.

Walleye fillets battered in beer batter and fried... I can almost taste them, and I haven't had any since 1984, when from Montana we moved to Alaska. In what province do you live? We went often to the Calgary, Alberta, airport from Montana when we traveled to Europe. We lived first in Joplin and then Gildford, on the "Highline," a few miles from the Canada border. I had a friend who had a farm north of Joplin right on the border, which was marked only by the two strands of wire of a fence. I hunted for Hungarian partridge and sharptail grouse on his farm, and I must confess (the statute of limitations has run out) that when I spotted grouse on the prairie on the Canadian side of the border I crawled under that fence and went after them. I am sure I did not cause any international incident! The only thing I had to worry about were some wild cattle that now and then appeared and did not seem very friendly. They were more effective in keeping me legal than a whole squadron of RCMP would have.
sorry i forgot to respond, i live in Saskatchewan, the province east to Alberta :)

sorry i forgot to respond, i live in Saskatchewan, the province east to Alberta :)
Herd and send me some of your giant whitetails, please. Southern whitetails are not that big, as you can tell from the eight-pointer in my avatar photo. My very first deer was in Montana, twenty miles from the Canadian border, a hop, a skip and a jump (in northern plains terms) from Saskatchewan. He, too, was an eight-pointer, but weighed almost 300 lbs.

Herd and send me some of your giant whitetails, please. Southern whitetails are not that big, as you can tell from the eight-pointer in my avatar photo. My very first deer was in Montana, twenty miles from the Canadian border, a hop, a skip and a jump (in northern plains terms) from Saskatchewan. He, too, was an eight-pointer, but weighed almost 300 lbs.
will do haha, ya we have some big deer here , just got my first deer last year a 3 by 3 mule deer weighted maybe 275lb not sure,

Ahh Alabama...my daddy lives in Texas and I did until I was four go back every once in awhile..someday I hope to move there permanently someday...the deer are definitely smaller meat tastes a bit different too I think...I’m not a fan of deer meat tho..I do however like turkey, pheasant,rabbit, squirrel, turtle and a bunch other...for some reason I just don’t like the deer and yes I’ve had it every way by multiple people even few restaurants I just don’t like it..Im always down for trying tho maybe one day I’ll be surprised lol

Since we're on the subject of deer, let me show you this picture.

20181011_134745.jpg

This was October 11th of last year. A decent 2 by 3 Buck. This was the second deer I've ever shot. The first deer I took was in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.

I love deer meat. It's pretty good tasting in my opinion. I made corned venison a couple of times, it was pretty delicious.

Then, there's my dog, who always knows when we're cooking deer meat.

20190318_094949_HDR.jpg

20181012_175738.jpg

Boy, once he's had deer meat, he will never get back on regular dog food again!

Jared

Back
Top Bottom