Any Fishing Enthusiasts here ?

Pics
how has the fishing been everyone? we got about a month to a month and a half before the ice gets safe enough to drive on. :(
hoping maybe to get some walking on the ice before that.

but plan to target my family's lake, found out there where fish in it just this year. after catching some minnows and trying to fish it, i think the minnows are either white fish (lake) or tullibee (Cisco, fresh water herring etc..) and while casting i thought i had a strike on my pike lure? so my guess is it was a pike or big old walleye. more likely a pike due to the fact our neighbor thinks there's pike in the lake.

however should be a lot of fun to find out this winter :)
Been to busy to fish....... Snow is now on the ground and my plow truck still needs attention.... But we will have Ice soon ...... My favorite type of fishing.

Well, fishings been very slow for me. I am in South Western Idaho, and it's getting very cold. I call it a season for fishing. I'm moving on to Canada goose hunting. Already got three geese so far.

Jared
nice, this year sucked for bird hunting, got one teal and that was it. and now all the birds have moved south (but the upland game birds) they sure are tasty them Canada geese :) good luck out there

Been to busy to fish....... Snow is now on the ground and my plow truck still needs attention.... But we will have Ice soon ...... My favorite type of fishing.
am not sure what my favorite type of fishing is. i catch more fish through the ice yet i love my fly fishing.

also anyone here collect/use vintage gear? i just love collecting and fixing up old reels its one of my hobbies. but my family is like why use them there old. i don't know, i just like using them.

most of my collection is not that old. (even though i only have like 5 or 6 old reels) a few from the 60s and 50s though. most from 70s to late 80s i think (tough to date a lot of them)

even though there not as good as most modern reels, i mean there cheap, i found an old bait caster, for a dollar, in really good shape, just need some oil and every thing was in mint condition (to note the reel is only worth like $10 in the market for people who collect)

Hello,

20181108_172549_HDR.jpg

November 8th, this year. I got the big one, my partner got the two smaller ones. That's me in the picture.

Many people got confused, so I'm going to say this. Those are decoys in the background, and I have permission to hunt that field.

Thanksgiving dinner!

Jared

Hello,

View attachment 1588947

November 8th, this year. I got the big one, my partner got the two smaller ones. That's me in the picture.

Many people got confused, so I'm going to say this. Those are decoys in the background, and I have permission to hunt that field.

Thanksgiving dinner!

Jared
that is a nice big goose. :)

question is that a benelli supernova? that's my main hunting shot gun :)

but that will be some good thanksgiving even though thanks giving has passed for us Canadian's lol.

but i do have to say i think Canada's are really good eating my friend got one and gave it to my grandpa for Christmas. can't wait lol. how ever been told crane is really good if cooked right (we can hunt sand hills in my province) duck is good but Mmmm roast goose.

do you hunt any other geese? snows or speckle bellies?

nice, this year sucked for bird hunting, got one teal and that was it. and now all the birds have moved south (but the upland game birds) they sure are tasty them Canada geese :) good luck out there

am not sure what my favorite type of fishing is. i catch more fish through the ice yet i love my fly fishing.
It's all relevant.....I just prefer to sit in a shack in the ice... Relax.
Listen to some radio.
I don't like to fish alone much though.
I do.
But much prefer to hang out with a friend in the ice..... Having a good shack with comfortable seating and heat is the ticket .

also anyone here collect/use vintage gear? i just love collecting and fixing up old reels its one of my hobbies. but my family is like why use them there old. i don't know, i just like using them.

most of my collection is not that old. (even though i only have like 5 or 6 old reels) a few from the 60s and 50s though. most from 70s to late 80s i think (tough to date a lot of them)

even though there not as good as most modern reels, i mean there cheap, i found an old bait caster, for a dollar, in really good shape, just need some oil and every thing was in mint condition (to note the reel is only worth like $10 in the market for people who collect)
I actually have some old stuff ...a nice old metal tackled box.....a old automatic fly reel and a old spinning reel still in the box with the price tag. It was from a Gamble's store.... Don't even remember Gamble's still being a store in my lifetime and I'm 55

Back
Top Bottom