Any help is appreciated! I’m adding a video to explain my problem!

Hen Pecked Wolves

In the Brooder
May 27, 2023
I’m sorry I realize that I can’t out of it was just a picture so I posted a video on YouTube and share the link. I would’ve just posted a video if I could have.

Boy she looks just like how one of my easter eggers is acting. When I checked my chicks crop it was empty also. My girl is having a problem with either shell less eggs or oversized eggs, she has only been laying for a few weeks. Is your girl laying?

Boy she looks just like how one of my easter eggers is acting. When I checked my chicks crop it was empty also. My girl is having a problem with either shell less eggs or oversized eggs, she has only been laying for a few weeks. Is your girl laying?
Yes, she is laying. She actually laid an egg yesterday.. my rooster started meeting with her a few days ago. That’s really the only thing I can think of it’s different.

Yes, she is laying. She actually laid an egg yesterday.. my rooster started meeting with her a few days ago. That’s really the only thing I can think of it’s different.
This is sounding familiar, my cockerel has taken a fancy to the now sick chicken. She could not get far enough away from him for weeks and in the last week or so became his favorite.

How old is she? Has she started laying? When she pooped when you picked her up, was it normal? I see that's she pulsing her tail. My first thought based on the video is that she might be egg bound.
She is 25 weeks. She laid her first egg September 12th and has laid regularly since then. She laid an egg yesterday. Everything was normal. I put some KY jelly inside of her vent and I did not feel anything inside of there. She’s now in the roofs with the doors all closed resting. I got her to eat a little bit of arugula and some salad greens. I separated her from my rooster, because he won’t leave her alone.

She is 25 weeks. She laid her first egg September 12th and has laid regularly since then. She laid an egg yesterday. Everything was normal. I put some KY jelly inside of her vent and I did not feel anything inside of there. She’s now in the roofs with the doors all closed resting. I got her to eat a little bit of arugula and some salad greens. I separated her from my rooster, because he won’t leave her alone.
Just a shot in the dark here, but maybe the roo punctured her air sac when he mounted her.
Check her over for any puncture wounds. I could be totally wrong but I just read about this a few days ago and she looks puffed up.

My Roo knows my chick is sick, he has been a sitting with her, the whole flock (8) seemed concerned. She did eat some scrambled eggs this morning and drinking alot of water.

Back
Top Bottom