Any Home Bakers Here?

:frow I need some help.

I want to make two of these, I just took the cream cheese out to soften.

Double-Decker Pecan Cheesecake Pie Recipe - Southern Living

Do I really have to weigh down the crusts and back for a few minutes first or can I possible skip this step?

If I have to do that step is wax paper ok?

I am not a baker so don't laugh at me!
Oh god no!

You do not need to weigh down the crust with weights. You poke holes in the crust with a fork to release the air. The purpose is to avoid bubbles in the crust.

If you really want to hold down the dough while blind baking, then you can use dry beans-- about a cup or so. Then you cook the beans for lunch!

Pies do not need to be so fiddley.

Oh god no!

You do not need to weigh down the crust with weights. You poke holes in the crust with a fork to release the air. The purpose is to avoid bubbles in the crust.

If you really want to hold down the dour while blind baking, then you can use dry beans-- about a cup or so.

Pies do not need to be so fiddley.
Thank you!
I was not looking forward to having to figure out how to put beans in a pie crust!
This makes me so happy!

One more silly Q.

Since I am making two can I just double the ingredients and eye ball them half way into each crust or should I mix the two separately? :oops:

Told ya..I'm not a baker.

Thank you!
I was not looking forward to having to figure out how to put beans in a pie crust!
This makes me so happy!

One more silly Q.

Since I am making two can I just double the ingredients and eye ball them half way into each crust or should I mix the two separately? :oops:

Told ya..I'm not a baker.
Yes you can eye ball the filling of the pie tins. make sure to leave room for expansion since the eggs will make the filling rise. It will sink back down but you want to make sure it does not spill into the oven.

Looks like a very tasty recipe!

Thank you Ron!!
I saw it on the cover of a magazine while standing in line at the grocery store the other day. I'm too cheap to buy a magazine so I'm glad I found it online.
The only difference is the name..On the mag cover is was called "Texas Pecan Cheesecake."

I'm starting now....
I have a midget helper who is dying to place pecans on top.
I will post pics later.

Thank you Ron!!
I saw it on the cover of a magazine while standing in line at the grocery store the other day. I'm too cheap to buy a magazine so I'm glad I found it online.
The only difference is the name..On the mag cover is was called "Texas Pecan Cheesecake."

I'm starting now....
I have a midget helper who is dying to place pecans on top.
I will post pics later.
I will be baking a chocolate pecan pie for thanks giving. It is always a hit! Turning in into a cheese cake sound amazing.

I making two so I can eat one all by myslef today and tomorrow and brining the other one to the TDay dinner.
I just finished a sweet potato and a pumpkin one to bring too.
I even baked the pumpkin and sweet potatoes myself! :yesss:
Very nice! I bet you are a better baker than you think

Ron, I would like to know how you cook your Turkey. I never brine
And I use a reynolds bag. Never comes dry.

You always have a neat, simple way of doing things like Cooking The Turkey. Thanks Aria
I do not usually brine but will this year to see how it goes.

The Cavity is salted and I put Onions, lemons and thyme leaves or poultry herbs(sell them in stores) in the cavity. Stuffing is outside in a 9x13 pan.

Melted butter is brushed on the outside and and then salt and pepper is sprinkled on the skin--not too much-- and then the turkey is baked at 325 in a roaster. I do not baste because that does nothing for the turkey and keeps the skin from crisping

Oven door is not opened until about 40 minutes from estimated cooked time. I then put in a probe thermometer at the thick part of the thigh next to the breast and take it out at 165 degrees F. Turkey rests with foil for 20 min. or so and then I carve the whole thing up. Bones and carcass are frozen within an hour of cooking for stock. I do this to keep bacteria from growing in the spine

I hope this helps!

The Mini placing the pecans :barnie they aren't perfect. We picked and shelled these pecans together too!!
IMAG5436.jpg

Back
Top Bottom