Any Home Bakers Here?

Ok. The last loaf of Deb's refrigerator dough is in the oven. First loaf will be dark, my fault... The plumber showed up when I was crisping the crust and...:oops:

What I'm doing rather than setting up the stone and steam (sorry I'm lazy) is using the cast iron dutch oven and it's working great. I'll take pics when the second loaf is out. It's much lighter than the one I left behind while dealing with the plumber.

Here's a link to the icing I used on my gingerbread cookies:
https://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/simple-cookie-glaze-recipe

I baked the blue berry muffins this morning. I used my Jumbo pan because I like big muffins

View attachment 1206164

Lovely, :drool How big are the muffins compared to standard muffin/cupcake pans?

I need to find my big muffin pans. I found a recipe for individual pineapple upside down mini cakes where they use the big muffin pans to make them. If they turn out well, it will be a good recipe to use for the golf course restaurant next summer.

Finding my pans will probably be the biggest challenge :p

Oh, you gotta find those pans and try it...:jumpy And post review and pics :)

We have two cupboards in the corner under the counter. I have to crawl into it to get stuff out. It is like a Bermuda triangle.

I hope the recipe works out!

I have one like that I recently cleaned it out ---- found stuff lost for decades :gig.

This is what I use for my rolled out sugar cookies. It does take time to dry. I usually let them sit out for the day or overnight. Depends on how much liquid you use how long it takes to dry. I like my frosting smooth so I use more cream or half and half.
View attachment 1206232

Thanks :thumbsup. Wondering which will work best for me yours or NFC's KA recipe ? I want to use a new "ink" stamp to do gel dye cookie stamping :ya. I bought one recently that I'm itching to try out.

same as mine I use half and half also in my coffee so always have it

Me too -- always have 1/2-1/2 on hand :D...I like a lot of 1/2-1/2 so have to make my coffee very, very strong.

Ok. The last loaf of Deb's refrigerator dough is in the oven. First loaf will be dark, my fault... The plumber showed up when I was crisping the crust and...:oops:

What I'm doing rather than setting up the stone and steam (sorry I'm lazy) is using the cast iron dutch oven and it's working great. I'll take pics when the second loaf is out. It's much lighter than the one I left behind while dealing with the plumber.

Hope the second loaf turns out fabulous :fl.

Lovely, :drool How big are the muffins compared to standard muffin/cupcake pans?

Oh, you gotta find those pans and try it...:jumpy And post review and pics :)

I have one like that I recently cleaned it out ---- found stuff lost for decades :gig.

Thanks :thumbsup. Wondering which will work best for me yours or NFC's KA recipe ? I want to use a new "ink" stamp to do gel dye cookie stamping :ya. I bought one recently that I'm itching to try out.

Me too -- always have 1/2-1/2 on hand :D...I like a lot of 1/2-1/2 so have to make my coffee very, very strong.

Hope the second loaf turns out fabulous :fl.
You’ll have to try both and let us know:)

I have one like that I recently cleaned it out ---- found stuff lost for decades :gig
We found a lot of things back there when we took the counter top off this summer. It was amazing!

The muffin jumbo Baking pan makes muffins twice the size of regular. I have a jumbo scoop from wilton. It is part of a set

41gRE3BlPkL.jpg

Last edited:

It's been a while since I used the glaze on cookies, but it dries pretty fast and it gets a pretty shine when dry...probably within an hour or two.

I want to see how your dye stamped cookies turn out!

Looking forward to seeing how your bread turns out! I haven't used my dutch oven for it yet, might be fun to try.

(Hope your plumbing problems are small & taken care of!)

So today I'm going to make dinner in my new Romertopf. I'm feeling a little intimidated because I've never cooked in a clay baker before. I've got a whole chicken in the fridge, waiting to be made into a scrumptious meal - just hope I'm up to the task, since I don't really know what I'm doing! lol. I think I'll go with a pretty basic approach for my first time - maybe throw some potatoes, carrots & onions into the pot and add the chicken with garlic & seasonings and maybe just a sprinkle of white wine or some lemon wedges (or maybe not), and see how it turns out. :oops: Wish me luck!

P.S. - any tips would be greatly appreciated...

Back
Top Bottom