Any Home Bakers Here?

F4D373D2-F2D2-4FDA-83BA-3B71E4036382.jpeg
Because you all wil completely understand.... my mister just shook his noggin at me as he walked away laughin..... the back story... we inherited my granny b’s home when she left this world three years ago.... hubby retired and we came home in march.... the attic... omg the attic needed cleaned before he can put in new insulation.... yesterday was THE day evidentally and this is THE week for insulations... soooooooo.... found a bumch of cannin jars amongst other treasures. My kitchen sink is small... so it IS NORMAL to put them in the bathtub to wash righty? Lol!

View attachment 1207550 Because you all wil completely understand.... my mister just shook his noggin at me as he walked away laughin..... the back story... we inherited my granny b’s home when she left this world three years ago.... hubby retired and we came home in march.... the attic... omg the attic needed cleaned before he can put in new insulation.... yesterday was THE day evidentally and this is THE week for insulations... soooooooo.... found a bumch of cannin jars amongst other treasures. My kitchen sink is small... so it IS NORMAL to put them in the bathtub to wash righty? Lol!
Of course it is!

People even brood duckling in the bath tub! They are not only for bating....

Nice find!

rjohns BREAD looks SUPER. I always bake my breads in Tins. Do Not
have good results on baking sheet. Never know when to put in oven..in the tins...when dough comes to top of tin I know its time
to put into the oven.

But I can see baking on a sheet...DOES MAKE A DIFFERENT BREAD.
Thanks for sharing. Aria

have good results on baking sheet. Never know when to put in oven..in the tins...when dough comes to top of tin I know its time
to put into the oven.

Thanks for sharing. Aria
A video will help!

You know when a loaf is ready for baking when it passes the "probe" test. Poke the loaf gently with your finger, making a little indentation. If that indentation comes out completely in under one minute, it is ready for baking. If the dough is firm and the indentation stays, it is not ready.Jan 16, 2011

to put into the oven.

Thanks for sharing. Aria
Somewhere, probably in a box, I have a baking stone and peel along with boules and other goodies, but since I've discovered cast iron backing, I haven't missed it. The bread isn't as pretty—but pretty is over rated. I'm going to play with Deb's recipe using whole wheat flour and see if I can get there with 100% whole wheat.

Ron, THANKS...just what I needed. I have been reading the earlier
posts and on #225 there is a EASY FRENCH BREAD recipe. I
am going to try making it and using your info. Will let you know
how it works for me Thanks again, Aria

Back
Top Bottom