Any Home Bakers Here?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by N F C, Aug 30, 2014.

1. cheepteach

cheepteach Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2015
    NY
    I get my stone nice and hot and then put the pizza on it. The crust is thinner and crispy--but good on the grill. Roasted veggies, glass of wine---dinner is done!
    But we had to fire up the wood stove for heat so I'm not grilling!

2. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    I have not done pizza on the grill yet, but I think I will try.
    This was the pinterest post, I would think if you closed the lid, you wouldn't need the oven part, but ? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member Project Manager

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    @cheepteach I prefer thin, crispy crusts so sounds perfect for us. Hopefully you will get some warmer weather soon. But 90 and 88% humidity, sunny here today, will be a hot one in GA. But y'all had a really hot summer last year, maybe your cool May is a sign of more normal weather to come?

4. cheepteach

Apr 14, 2015
    NY
    just want it to get warm enough to put the garden in!

closing the grill lid is all I do--and I bet a cast iron grill pan would work just fine

5. wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Overrun With Chickens

Nov 10, 2010
    @3goodeggs That dome part is important. When you heat the whole thing up it radiates heat to the pizza and the dome shape makes the hot air swirl around inside to make the top of the pizza cook - read that as melts and browns the cheese! [​IMG]
    We have this for our camp stove. We set it up on our front porch to try it out, and have never put it away! The pizza is So Good!
    [​IMG]

6. wyoDreamer

Nov 10, 2010
    I think the one that you posted would be good for making bread. It would hold the heat and make the bread nice and crusty! Very handy for those hot days. If you notice, the one we have only has a metal dome, no insulating value to it but I am going to try making a pie in it one of these days...

7. 3goodeggs

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    That is so cool. Did you make it, or buy it somewhere?

8. wyoDreamer

Nov 10, 2010
    If you are talking to me, we bought it at Cabalas. We have a Preferred credit card that gives us a "Points" value for everything we buy with the card and we had some points that were going to expire. So we bought it for real cheap - $30 plus most of the points we had built up.
    We thought it would be cool for camping since we have a 5-th wheel camper with plenty of storage space to haul it around.

9. 3goodeggs

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    I think it is neato.
    My husband made a camping oven out of a garbage can. It makes a good chicken and biscuits.
    ...but the big prize is it makes all the other boy scout dads go 'Oooo."

10. cheepteach

Apr 14, 2015
    NY
    when I was a kid I remember a man had a makeshift oven on his Coleman propane camping stove---some fire bricks and aluminum foil. He made biscuits at the campground.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by