Any Home Bakers Here?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by N F C, Aug 30, 2014.

1. N F C

N F C phooey! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    My DH was an Eagle Scout...I'm going to have to get him to show me some of his campfire and tin foil cooking expertise. Of course, that was a day or two ago [​IMG]

2. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Cool! That is still a big accomplishment, My boy is an Eagle Scout. It got him a pretty nice school grant. I am a big proponent of scouting.

1 person likes this.
  3. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Yep, still a big accomplishment. And there have been so many times he has talked about their activities, some of the best times he had as a kid.

Your boy sounds like a special kid. How was the award thing last night? (I'm sure this is related to baking in some manner!)

4. 3goodeggs

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    He got an outstanding award in computer ...something or other. (Thingie stuff)
    One of his best friends received a huge big deal should have been there award- but did not get her invitation in the mail. We are all sick about it.
    She is still happy happy but-still. I bet one of those post office machines ate it, and she'll get it in a few weeks in bits in another envelope.

I am going to make her some 'I am sorry you missed your big night cookies.'
    I won't help but it can't hurt.

1 person likes this.
  5. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    See? I knew this was related to baking in some manner, lol.

Congrats to your boy and all the other students that got awards. It's so nice to see kids getting some good attention!

6. cheepteach

cheepteach Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2015
    NY
    Yes 3goodeggs! getting through high school is tough enough, but to go the extra mile to receive awards is terrific! Raising kids these days is hard, too! We all deserve cookies!

7. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I thought so too, so I made some, lol. Peanut butter cookies with a mini peanut butter cup pressed into the top. Yum (one of DH's favorites, I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing for me)!

8. wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Overrun With Chickens

Nov 10, 2010
    I made Toll House cookies for DH and Oatmeal Scotties for me. I didn't need to make 2 kinds, but I found 3 bags of Butterscotch chips in the cupboard, so what ya goona do?

9. cheepteach

cheepteach Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2015
    NY
    you rescued those chips! it had to be done! I am saving some oatmeal and chocolate chips from pantry doom myself

10. 3goodeggs

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by