Any Home Bakers Here?

New to me..never heard of Italian OO Flour. Is it Maple Leaf? Heard of that one. Italian OO Flour??????
It is a lower gluten flour that stretches better: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BB7U6W2/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1

upload_2018-12-13_16-12-44.png

@N F C They look good. Does your gingerbread recipe have molasses in it? and are they crunchy or soft?

Sorry wyoDreamer, that recipe does have molasses in it. I roll the dough out kind of thick (not 1/4" per the directions) and end up with cookies that keep their shape and are kind of between crunchy & soft.

A Kringle is a long, filled pastry that is typically shaped into an oval. The pastry is really flaky and buttery. You roll out the dough into a rectangle and then place butter on top and fold it so there are 3 layers of dough, with a layer of butter between each. You refrigerate it, roll it out into a rectangle again, then fold it into 3rds again, so you have 9 layers of dough. Do that 1 more time and you get about 27 layers of flakiness. You need to be careful to keep it cold and not over-work it so the butter doesn't get absorbed into the dough.
I make pecan (for my DH), cherry, cherry cheese, blueberry and plain cheese filled ones.
I looked up kringle cookie after your first post about them, and it came up on multiple websites as a chocolate cookie with powdered sugar on the outside.

The true one that you're describing sounds much yummier to me.

Do you like the pizza made with baking powder?

Amazon sells baking powder that is for pizza

Never heard of it may have try it .... have sourdough proofing on the counter going to make some bread of it but one loaf can be biscuits for dinner .. chilie and tots BF choice

Here are the kiflies. They are Hungarian, or Polish. Information about them differ, and so does the spelling. The pastry is rolled very, very thin and the filling is mainly walnut and egg white that expands as it bakes. If prepared right the pastry bakes thin and flaky and is altogether lightly sweet.
DSCN5302.JPG

Goodies in their box, ready to go to their new home.
DSCN5296.JPG

Here are the kiflies. They are Hungarian, or Polish. Information about them differ, and so does the spelling. The pastry is rolled very, very thin and the filling is mainly walnut and egg white that expands as it bakes. If prepared right the pastry bakes thin and flaky and is altogether lightly sweet.
View attachment 1616005

Goodies in their box, ready to go to their new home.
View attachment 1616001

Nice looking holiday box!

Back
Top Bottom