Any Home Bakers Here?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by N F C, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia "I Believe" Premium Member

We blame everything on Danny our mini dachshund

2. Zeil

Zeil Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2015
    Brisbane QLD

I'm making snickers cheesecake today, which I just know is going to evorpration about ten seconds after its set.

3. Miss Lydia

She didn't say how big those pieces were did she. Brownies kind of stick together so I could see where she would actually pick of 4 pieces and only think she had 2.

4. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    @sunflour , I have a good roasted eggplant/potato recipe if you'd like to try it. DH loves eggplant...me, not so much. But I really like this.

ROASTED EGGPLANT WITH SEASONED POTATOES
    (4 servings)

1/4 C olive oil
    1-2 eggplants (about 1 pound)
    1 pound potatoes, unpeeled
    Salt & pepper to taste
    2 garlic cloves, sliced
    Lemon juice

* Pre-heat oven to 400. Put olive oil in large roasting pan and heat until oil is sizzling hot (about 5-10 min.)
    * Cut eggplant & potatoes into 1" cubes & season with salt & pepper. Add to roasting pan and toss with hot oil (be careful)
    * Roast 15 minutes, stir & roast 15 minutes more
    * Remove pan from oven, stir in garlic & roast another 10-15 until all is golden brown.
    * Sprinkle with lemon juice

5. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    That would definitely disappear in my house.

6. Zeil

Jun 29, 2015
    Brisbane QLD

Hilariously my younger brother did that with cheesecake once, it was precut and I told him one piece until everyone had arrived, he came out with almost a quarter of the cheesecake, when I gave him a foul look he said 'what it's one piece' it was three, but he smoothed over the top and pulled them out together with my larger cake server.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  7. Miss Lydia

it was and this time I let the berries thaw over night in a colander with a bowl under and gosh was there alot of juice wished I'd had a recipe for some kind of blk berry syrup but I didn't even think about it till I had poured it down the drain. [​IMG]

8. Miss Lydia

LOL and 1 piece can be any size right. depending on size of cake server.

9. Miss Lydia

I just cannot bring myself to try egg plant doesn't appeal to me at all.

10. Zeil

Jun 29, 2015
    Brisbane QLD

That was his supposition.

But this is the lad whom refused to believe he was eating kangaroo. I was cooking steaks one night when he stopped by, I told him they were kangaroo, he said fine, we were there eating later, he commented on how nice meat was, I told him that that kangaroo meat is better than beef in a lot of regards... He went home and several days later told me he couldn't find any at the supermarket. The next time we were there together I showed him where it was, he questioned why it wasn't with the other steak cuts I said because it's kangaroo... He brought and ate it twice more more my sister finally realised and explained that kangaroo was where meat came from and not the cut.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by