Any Home Bakers Here?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by N F C, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia "I Believe" Premium Member

[​IMG]So he thought he was really eating Kangaroo? right?

2. Zeil

Zeil Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2015
    Brisbane QLD

Earthier than beef. It's naturally more tender and leaner than beef too.

3. Zeil

Jun 29, 2015
    Brisbane QLD

Initially he thought it was a cut of steak, I don't know why, now he knows it's kangaroo.

But this the kid whom refused to believe discmen were actually popular, hauling a case of CDs around was too weird for him. Sigh.

Kids today.

4. Miss Lydia

So it was actually kangaroo? I guess i am lost
    I don't know who discmen are either lol [​IMG] wrong generation I guess.

5. Miss Lydia

Should have read up one okay so it was kangaroo. [​IMG]

6. Zeil

Jun 29, 2015
    Brisbane QLD

Yes it was kangaroo steaks, which I highly recommend. Not that we overly eat meat here.

7. Miss Lydia

I don't think I'll find any in my grocery here in North Carolina but we did have a small restaurant that sold Emu burgers once.

8. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Back from the zoo, it was fun. Now I'm pooped, we spent 4 hours there and did lots of walking. I took a ton of photos and am looking forward to seeing how they look downloaded. We got lucky and finished up right as it started to rain. @sunflour and @Miss Lydia , if I had known you like zoos, we could have arranged a meet up in front of the lions or tigers or bears, lol.

I've never had emu or kangaroo but I've had buffalo several times and that's good. It's very lean so you have to be careful not to dry it out while cooking but it is good stuff. It used to be easy enough to find in KS but I haven't seen any in FL.

9. Miss Lydia

Aww please share some pics I'd love to see the zoo now. Buffalo same as Bison? I think so they sell it in the stores here. There is a farm in Western NC who raises Bison.

10. wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Overrun With Chickens

Nov 10, 2010
    Bison is good! but they want too much for it. Not paying $20 per pound for ground meat.
    Unfortunately, it seems like the price of beef is headed in that direction also...

When I was in high school, we had a foreign exchange student from Australia for one semester. Really cool guy, loved his accent - especially when he talked about hunting Kangaroos. Funny stories! He said they mainly eat the tail - not sure if he was showing off and telling tall tales or not, but I had to believe him ... tall, blond, blue eyed ... I probably would have believed anything he told me. Hey, I was only 15 years old at the time! My first crush...

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by