Any Home Bakers Here?

The only deer meat I have ever eaten were wild ones and was tricked into eating those, thought they were beef:)
A friend made some great chili and told me the secret was adding bell pepper, found out later it was venison.
Steaks and burgers on the grill are very close to commercial beef, just a lot less fat.

Will have to try kangaroo if ever given the opportunity.

Needed to use up some eggs, so just finished baking a pound cake & trying to hold off on a taste til it cools. Flavored with vanilla and almond extracts - such a wonderful aroma, getting hungrier by the minute :)

That's a beautiful looking cake @sunflour . Well done!

That flipped out perfectly!
was it one of those silicone pans?
I have a Nordic ware pound cake/angel food cake pan - its heavy aluminum with somewhat of a nonstick surface, I think. Bought this one 'cause my tube pan would not hold Mom's pound cake recipe. I sprayed with pam bakers formula - was too heavy, wiped almost all out with a paper towel. The secret is to let it cool in the pan 5-10 min, carefully use a knife around outer and inner edges, place clean towel over it and flip. Comes out easy, just careful not to burn the hands :)

Never tried the silicone pans, but I am and old-timer..lol.

big_smile.png
Ice cube molds. I bet they do make good jello molds too.
I have a weird "I really shouldn't be baking in this" feeling about silicone. I have some cup cake liners... and I can not bring myself to use them, but if Zeil likes them, then I might give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom