Any Home Bakers Here?

Hi everyone, is anyone doing any baking lately or is it just too hot? We're out of bread so that's what I'll be working on today. It's also a good excuse to get inside and cool off with the a/c, lol. I came across this Maxine comic the other day, thought you all might enjoy it:

Lol that's so true! :D

Too hot here, I have to do my baking at night but its just too sweltering in the house lately...I need a brick oven ;)

I've been following along, immensely enjoying all the great tips and recipes! Thank you!

I might have missed if someone mentioned it... I grind my own grain, and my mill is simply put, junk. Lol I don't want to spend a fortune and I actually LIKE hand crank types, just curious if anyone has found a wonderful but inexpensive ( like less than $100.00) mill... I have to run mine through about 4 times before I can get the grit I want... I have a beefy sore right arm from this mill ;)

Hi @shortgrass , nice to see you here!

I'll be interested in seeing any responses you get on the mill...I've wondered about trying that but other priorities seem to always come up. Good question!

I'm glad I have my bread started (Kaiser Rolls). It's already 87 with the heat index and not even 9:30am. Come on fall!!

I made fresh Italian Bread yesterday to go with my Italian Stuffed Shells that I made for supper.
Still not sure about what I am ging to do with the range in the kitchen. One oven doesn't work - won't heat above 150 degrees. The other oven is a convection oven and doesn't bake quite right; I did figure out that the oven temp is low, so I have to set it at 25 degrees more than I need it to be.

Back
Top Bottom