Any Home Bakers Here?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by N F C, Aug 30, 2014.

1. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member Project Manager

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    Those turned out well.

I baked My Mom's Pound Cake this past Sunday, for photo opportunity :) DH was so happy, it's his favorite.

2. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    That pound cake of yours is a beautiful thing sunflour!

1 person likes this.
  3. OnlyOrps

OnlyOrps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Oh my goodness you guys are so sweet! I'm sorry for the delay, we had a huge storm take out our tractor shed and have a lot of construction going to build a new barn so it's been chaotic around here. I haven't even been to a doctor yet, I hate doctors, but I'm at least a month along, probably month and a half or even two months... would love to have a chicken gab fest with you ladies, sounds fun!!!

4. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    @OnlyOrps that must have been some storm! I'm sorry to hear about your shed. So, we're having a virtual baby shower...all righty-o!

@sunflour she said Yes!

5. OnlyOrps

Jan 20, 2015
    It was 'straight line winds' verging on a small tornado. It took trailers down the road off their foundations and roofs off brick houses, it was pretty bad. We were going on our first date since little man was born so we missed the chaos but came home to destruction. Our tractor shed wasn't in the best shape when we bought the place but insurance covered it getting totally wiped out so we have a crew building a new one now! Thanks for being such great friends!

6. sunflour

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    @OnlyOrps , so glad you weren't home when the tornado came thru and ya'll are safe .[​IMG]

@NorthFLChick , yes, she gave us the green light [​IMG] . P.S. - let's keep it a secret and don't tell OnlyOrps any details, so it will be a surprise [​IMG]

7. OnlyOrps

Jan 20, 2015
    Yeah we were joking that we jinxed everyone by trying to have a fun date day, almost killed all our neighbors lol. It was scary but it wasn't even a bad one, I've never seen anything like it and all the locals were like this was nothin' lol

8. wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Overrun With Chickens

Nov 10, 2010
    @OnlyOrps those straight line winds are pretty freaky. We had a real bad storm with them one year and they took down some pretty big maples - luckily no property damage though.
    LMAO about your date jinxing the neighborhood!
    glad to hear insurance is taking care of the shed cost - yeah to a new shed
    and congratulations on the pregnancy!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  9. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Glad you all were ok! I grew up in KS...tornados are scary. Yay on the new shed!

My lips are zipped (but the ol' pm system works just fine) [​IMG]

10. sunflour

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    I have only heard a tornado once. Years ago and came very close to us. DH saw the funnel, came running in form outside and told me to get in the basement. Then he went back outside to watch it, DUH!! Really scary. It missed us by less than a mile but cut a sharp path thru houses in the adjacent neighborhood. It didn't harm anyone but caused significant property damage.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by