Any Home Bakers Here?

Thanks! Yeah I know pizza Hut isn't the best but just found out I'm expecting, again!!! so there will be days we just need a quick meal lol
EXPECTING!!
ya.gif

Congratulations. Hope everything goes well for you and the little one..

Wish we were closer so we could bake things for a shower and celebration.

Thanks! Yeah I know pizza Hut isn't the best but just found out I'm expecting, again!!! so there will be days we just need a quick meal lol
CoNgrATulAtiOnS!

I make a mix between a roux and Alfredo sauce. I start with a stick of butter (I make a lot to freeze for pasta or more pizza) melt butter add flour until it won't take anymore. I let it sit for awhile on medium so it gets a little browned, unless I'm in a hurry lol I add minced garlic and garlic powder to tatse. I then melt 1/4 cup of cream cheese in then add 1-2 cups milk until I get desired consistency. More liquid for pasta, less for pizza sauce. I like to add a little pepper, basil and whatever Italian seasonings I have on hand, sometimes i add some parm cheese. It's pretty basic.
That sounds delicious
droolin.gif

EXPECTING!!   :ya

Congratulations.  Hope everything goes well for you and the little one.. 

Wish we were closer so we could bake things for a shower and celebration.

Awe thanks! I know it sounds silly but I've always wanted a shower, it means a lot for you to say that! I am socially awkward and don't have many friends lol plus most girls want to talk purses and shoes not chickens and goats lol

Awe thanks! I know it sounds silly but I've always wanted a shower, it means a lot for you to say that! I am socially awkward and don't have many friends lol plus most girls want to talk purses and shoes not chickens and goats lol

Congrats, my wife has that same concept with the idea of a wedding.

Not concept, problem... Dont know where concept came from.

Last edited:
Congrats, my wife has that same concept with the idea of a wedding.

Not concept, problem... Dont know where concept came from.

Yeah I've never really wanted to spend money on a wedding. Just wore jeans, barefoot and a few people I loved there. I'm thinking a big party for a more public shin dig for an anniversary might be more our style. But I have always secretly wanted a baby shower lol ;)

Yeah I've never really wanted to spend money on a wedding. Just wore jeans, barefoot and a few people I loved there. I'm thinking a big party for a more public shin dig for an anniversary might be more our style. But I have always secretly wanted a baby shower lol ;)

Ours was a very legal affair, which suited us both fine, however I don't think my mother in laws ever forgiven me. She wanted the mother of the bride stuff, the 18 month engagement, the bridal shower, the rehearsals and the endless fittings and testings.

You are not socially awkward! Those other folks are
big_smile.png

When are you due? Maybe we can throw you a "Virtual Shower".
jumpy.gif

YES, a virtual shower would be fun! @OnlyOrps just tell us what day works best for you and leave the rest of it up to us! We'll even talk chickens and goats with you (I am definitely not a purse person, lol).

Peanut butter cookie anyone?

These are from an old Betty Crocker recipe and they are good. Sometimes I'll stick a mini Peanut Butter Cup on the top right after taking the cookies out of the oven but didn't have any for this batch. Doesn't seem to have slowed DH down much, lol.

What's everyone else been baking?

Back
Top Bottom