Any Home Bakers Here?

Thanks sunflour, I hope you'll like it. When I put it in my coffee, I use it just as written. When I want to drink a small cup, I add a bit of milk to it to make it less thick (DH likes it full strength and a BIG glass, lol). The 1/2 gallon goes pretty fast around here but the recipe is easy enough to split in half.

Are you going to add a recipe to the contest?

Thanks sunflour, I hope you'll like it. When I put it in my coffee, I use it just as written. When I want to drink a small cup, I add a bit of milk to it to make it less thick (DH likes it full strength and a BIG glass, lol). The 1/2 gallon goes pretty fast around here but the recipe is easy enough to split in half.

Are you going to add a recipe to the contest?
I entered the contest
bun.gif

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/my-moms-pound-cake

Has anyone ever burnt the same dish TWICE?

Last night was one of the few when I fixed dinner. I made a baked pasta dish but left it in the oven too long. By the time we ate, that pasta was almost as crunchy as if it had never been cooked.

So today DH is gone for a bit and I get a brainstorm. I'll take the bit of pasta, put it in a saucepan with some milk mixed in, put a lid on it and set the cooktop to low. I thought the milk and the heat trapped by the lid would help soften the pasta. I think it would have worked too, but, I logged on here and got distracted. Warning: Reading posts in one room and warming things up in another is fatal. I burned the pasta again.

This is why DH is the cook and I do the baking, sigh. I'm sharing this so you all can learn from my mistakes.

You're welcome, that's what I'm here for!

I once put hot dogs in a pot of water, left them to boil, just to run up to the mailbox, a neighbor came by and we talked quite a while….I forgot the pot til I opened the kitchen door, they were black charcoal lumps in the pot and the house smelt awful…had to toss the pan it was ruined.

But more recent, DH was preparing one of my favorites " Spaghetti Bake", but we use elbow macaroni instead of spaghetti. So, I thought I would get things going and prepare the pasta, started it way too early and cooked it too long, left it in the hot water & covered --- thought it would be better to hold it there til he got everything else chopped, meat browned, veggies sautéed with the meat, etc. And the WHOLE time, he kept telling me he should just start another batch of pasta. But no, I wouldn't hear of that. It was awful, overcooked, soft, soggy pasta in a baked dish makes the whole thing too watery and an unpleasant texture. Had to eat it anyway - too many resources wasted.. Bet he won't ask for help again?
roll.png

@sunflour I'm soooooo glad I'm not the only one that does this absentminded dumb stuff. I'm sitting here laughing at both our posts! Maybe we should just stick with hula dancing and leave the cooking to the menfolk.
bun.gif

We live too far out to order pizza, it's an hour drive one way to go get pizza... our little town has a pizza Hut moving in, never thought I'd be so excited over a pizza hut! But until then I make my own. A garlic white sauce with chicken, onions, roasted red peppers, mushrooms and garnished with fresh basil from the garden

And for hubby a homemade marinara with diced honey ham and pineapple, extra sauce and extra mozzarella, just the way he likes it!

We live too far out to order pizza, it's an hour drive one way to go get pizza... our little town has a pizza Hut moving in, never thought I'd be so excited over a pizza hut! But until then I make my own. A garlic white sauce with chicken, onions, roasted red peppers, mushrooms and garnished with fresh basil from the garden

And for hubby a homemade marinara with diced honey ham and pineapple, extra sauce and extra mozzarella, just the way he likes it!
wee.gif
It must be pizza night!

I have two balls of dough rising on the counter in gallon size zip lock bags.

It will be so tasty!

My Family will not let me buy pizza--Nothing can match what we make at home they say. I would buy it though, because then I could get a break from cooking.

Last edited:
:weee  It must be pizza night!

I have two balls of dough rising on the counter in gallon size zip lock bags.

It will be so tasty!

My Family will not let me buy pizza--Nothing can match what we make at home they say. I would buy it though, because then I could get a break from cooking.

Yeah it took me 4hrs to get everything together. Only 15 min to bake though lol its fun to make up toppings and stuff, we prefer homemade too but the ease of take out is tempting on long weekend we spend working all day lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom