Any Home Bakers Here?

It was a nice change. This time I made the loaf but next time I think I'll make the rolls. And add more chives (use a 1/2 cup instead of 1/4) for more flavor. We liked this bread a lot!

Hello everyone. I have been super busy but have been baking. I found an amazing recipe for honey oat wheat bread that i made with my Mom yesterday. It was super good and i was super proud.
Now that it is super cold I had to research ways to get that perfect warm place to proof my breads. I found and tried yesterday and you heat your oven up too 225 when it is done preheating turn it off and put your dough in. It worked like a charm and my bread more then doubled in less then 2 hours.
Hope every one is planning your feast for Thanksgiving. I have my family coming so this will be my first year cooking since I made Thanksgiving with my Grandpa 17 years ago. I will have 12 people, a small crowd to some but allot for me and my little farm house!!!! So excited!
Happy baking everyone
Jenn

Today I'm making soft pretzels to go with lunch. My son is excited. The recipe takes maybe an hour from start to finish and is always a hit. We've made it maybe four times before. Fast and easy.

Hello everyone. I have been super busy but have been baking. I found an amazing recipe for honey oat wheat bread that i made with my Mom yesterday. It was super good and i was super proud.
Now that it is super cold I had to research ways to get that perfect warm place to proof my breads. I found and tried yesterday and you heat your oven up too 225 when it is done preheating turn it off and put your dough in. It worked like a charm and my bread more then doubled in less then 2 hours.
Hope every one is planning your feast for Thanksgiving. I have my family coming so this will be my first year cooking since I made Thanksgiving with my Grandpa 17 years ago. I will have 12 people, a small crowd to some but allot for me and my little farm house!!!! So excited!
Happy baking everyone
Jenn

Hey Jenn, care to share the wheat bread recipe (or a link)? I have some wheat flour that needs using up. Even here in FL, the inside temp has gone down enough I've been doing the oven proofing thing too. Helps warm the kitchen up a bit too and that's been nice for me.
Glad you're having a good time with your mom.

Hey Jenn, care to share the wheat bread recipe (or a link)? I have some wheat flour that needs using up. Even here in FL, the inside temp has gone down enough I've been doing the oven proofing thing too. Helps warm the kitchen up a bit too and that's been nice for me.
Glad you're having a good time with your mom.
X2, I have a fresh big bag of rolled oats. Been cooking and treating the hens...

So what is everyone planning for Thanksgiving? Baking anything special, having a crowd, going some place?

We have been invited to some friend's house for T-day dinner. We're going and I'm sure to take something (can't go empty handed) but not sure what yet. I was actually kind of looking forward to doing our little couple dinner for just DH and I but can do that another day. Hate not to have any Thanksgiving leftovers, you know...that's part of the whole deal, lol!

Back
Top Bottom