Any Home Bakers Here?

This was do something different Day....I have a swifter duster and decided to make a cover for it. No need to purchase Swifter Duster replacements I crochet one that I can remove and wash and use again. I am working on another one. No pattern...just measured the replacement and did it:View attachment 2275327
Aria, would you happen to have a 'recipe' for this ?

Good morning folks :frow Sorry I got sucked into work yesterday and never made it back.

For my egg rolls, I wanted a recipe that started with raw chicken (what I had) and had a classic filling but low on sodium. So here goes with what I came up with...

4 chicken tenders, pounded flat and sliced thin about matchstick size.
Marinade.
1 TBS sesame oil
1 TBS soy sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ginger
a squirt of siracha for heat

Mix it all together and let it set on the counter for a half hour on each side.

Put about a table spoon of canola oil in the wok with a tsp of sesame oil on medium high heat. Add the chicken and marinade and toss until it's white or cooked about 80% through. Set aside and let cool.

For the filling:
1/2 head of napa cabbage, cut in half and sliced thin
3 carrots shredded
4 green onions thinly sliced
4 cloves minced garlic

Add the chicken to the filling.
Now for the flavor.
2 TBS Oyster Sauce
2 tsp Soy sauce
1 TBS Sesame oil
1 TBS Ginger
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp siracha

Mix it all up. fill egg roll wrappers with 1/4 cup of filling. I used 1/3 as the recipe suggested and it was too much. seal the edges with beaten egg. Lots of videos out there on how to roll an egg roll but start with a point facing you, put the filling in and shape it. Then fold the bottom point over and fold the sides in and then roll.

Fry in oil until golden brown and drain on a paper towel.

Those sound delicious! Do you use fresh ginger or ginger powder?

Aria, would you happen to have a 'recipe' for this ?
erlibrd, I measured the swifter duster refill. I cast on 32 chains....sc...and did the loop stitch scattered through the rows. When I got to the length of the swifter refill...I followed the shape of the refill and sewed it together. Then I stitched down the two sides....making space to insert the swifter tool. That is the best I can explain what I did. If you crochet...you may have questions???? or. The loop stitch was new to me. It is a sc and then pick up thread from the other hand...slip off and end the sc. Perhaps you may know the loop stitch or Google it. It is very easy. Questions??
Aria

2nd swifter duster & mop cover I made 8.4.2020 Second one fits better.
Aria
Covers duster&mop swifter 8.4.2020 I made.100_0330 - Copy.JPG

Good morning folks :frow Sorry I got sucked into work yesterday and never made it back.

For my egg rolls, I wanted a recipe that started with raw chicken (what I had) and had a classic filling but low on sodium. So here goes with what I came up with...

Marinade.
1 TBS sesame oil
1 TBS soy sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ginger

Put about a table spoon of canola oil in the wok with a tsp of sesame oil on medium high heat. Add the chicken and marinade and toss until it's white or cooked about 80% through. Set aside and let cool.

For the filling:
3 carrots shredded
4 cloves minced garlic

Now for the flavor.
2 TBS Oyster Sauce
2 tsp Soy sauce
1 TBS Sesame oil
1 TBS Ginger
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp siracha

Mix it all up. fill egg roll wrappers with 1/4 cup of filling. I used 1/3 as the recipe suggested and it was too much. seal the edges with beaten egg. Lots of videos out there on how to roll an egg roll but start with a point facing you, put the filling in and shape it. Then fold the bottom point over and fold the sides in and then roll.

Nice Recipe!

Marinade.
1 TBS sesame oil
1 TBS soy sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ginger

For the filling:
3 carrots shredded
4 cloves minced garlic

Now for the flavor.
2 TBS Oyster Sauce
2 tsp Soy sauce
1 TBS Sesame oil
1 TBS Ginger
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp siracha

Sounds delicious!

Back
Top Bottom