Any Home Bakers Here?

So I'm going to share some goofy photos here for laughs of my recent cookies. My husband just had a birthday, so I was like - "Yknow, instead of a pound cake, I'll make him some decorative cookies that look like our Husky." (Long story short, big scare with a copperhead snake and we didn't know how bad it was going to be even though we took him straight to the vet - he pulled through, so to celebrate I said I would make these as a birthday surprise).

So they're my normal sugar cookie recipe and royal icing - was feeling really confident about the design - Husky head with blue backdrop to match his blue eyes....and fully intending for them to be cute and professional - instead they came out wild eyed and almost identically resemble a picture we have of him being scared of the snow once. Didn't quite nail the consistency of the icing so it ran and just made this a mess, but I had to finish them! Somehow these were the absolute poorest decorative cookies I have made yet LOL! Needless to say, we all had a good laugh though and they still tasted good.

Glad the snake bite was treated

Today I made some jam biscuits.

Here's the recipe

https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/easy-jammy-biscuits/

Oh I used 4 quail eggs too.

Baking powder biscuits but for the caster sugar unheard of out here but
light brown sugar could used

Glad the snake bite was treated

Baking powder biscuits but for the caster sugar unheard of out here but
light brown sugar could used

From what I've read, caster sugar is just finer than regular white sugar. It can be made by running regular white sugar in a spice grinder for a bit (but stop before it turns to powder).

Hi folks, I'm thinking about trying my hand at German Brotchen tomorrow and I'd love you thoughts on this recipe before I jump off the cliff. Her technique is quite different than one I would have expected. Especially the use of cold water instead of warm as well as little to no rise time. But her results look promising. Please let me know what you think and sorry for stealing 20 minutes of your life to evaluate this.

Hi folks, I'm thinking about trying my hand at German Brotchen tomorrow and I'd love you thoughts on this recipe before I jump off the cliff. Her technique is quite different than one I would have expected. Especially the use of cold water instead of warm as well as little to no rise time. But her results look promising. Please let me know what you think and sorry for stealing 20 minutes of your life to evaluate this.

Looks like a fun recipe to try out Bob! Let us know how they turn out for you.

Looks good! Do you have the malt powder already?

Back
Top Bottom