Any Home Bakers Here?

igorsMistress, Looking forward to viewing Photo. It will be GREAT. I made White Sourdough for BLT sandwiches (my husband will not eat Multi Grain Bread) and two loaves of my Multigrain. White sliced and in Freezer the Multigrain one to neighbor and one for me. Happy Baking. Aria
I have made that recipe twice now! It is my new go to recipe for sandwich bread. The first time I made it I did it according to the recipe, yesterday I subbed one cup of KA white whole wheat flour and it turned out beautifully! So easy to slice! I think the vital wheat gluten is something I’m never going to be without!

I have made that recipe twice now! It is my new go to recipe for sandwich bread. The first time I made it I did it according to the recipe, yesterday I subbed one cup of KA white whole wheat flour and it turned out beautifully! So easy to slice! I think the vital wheat gluten is something I’m never going to be without!
YES. You can use some Rye Whole Wheat OR any other ...it still works fine. Nice to know my recipes are being used. Just took 18 Healthy Muffins out of oven. They are my stay healthy muffins. Aria

Wheat gluten makes a big difference in bread baking

YES. You can use some Rye Whole Wheat OR any other ...it still works fine. Nice to know my recipes are being used. Just
Wheat gluten makes a big difference in bread baking
Next I want to try the Rustic Olive Bread. I got a big jar of Kalamata olives at Costco. I’m thinking of adding it to that recipe. The instructions on the bag of gluten says to use 1 T for every cup of flour but I think I’d probably not use that much. What do you think Ron?

Next I want to try the Rustic Olive Bread. I got a big jar of Kalamata olives at Costco. I’m thinking of adding it to that recipe. The instructions on the bag of gluten says to use 1 T for every cup of flour but I think I’d probably not use that much. What do you think Ron?
You can use less-- if the bread rises like you want it will be fine.

The closer you are to 50% wheat flour the more vital gluten you will need.

Back
Top Bottom