Any Home Bakers Here?

R2elk

Magical, perfect creature
Premium Feather Member
Feb 24, 2013
Natrona County, Wyoming
My Coop
I'm the lone non-sourdough baker I guess. I've tried it but it's just not my thing. Good thing there are a bajillion other things to bake!
I don't anymore. It was too much work having to use it every week. I don't eat that much and definitely don't need that much bread around.

I also find freezing bread disgusting. Fresh or even stale is better than frozen.

N F C

BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
Dec 12, 2013
Wyoming
I don't anymore. It was too much work having to use it every week. I don't eat that much and definitely don't need that much bread around.

I also find freezing bread disgusting. Fresh or even stale is better than frozen.
I get it! For all the bread I bake, DH eats most of it. I've never been a big bread person. Other baked goods suit me fine. For me, bread is to hold other ingredients together (like a sandwich). :gig

MarkJr

Yard Bird Enthusiast
Premium Feather Member
Jun 15, 2020
Elkton, OR
For my clan..... if I make one loaf, it’s gone in ten minutes. If I make four..... twenty minutes tops. I made ten last Christmas for big family dinner, and 4 survived for formal dinner. The 6 disappeared as people rolled in and realized there was still warm bread under the towel.
If it makes it to fully cooled, then we can do mundane stuff like sammiches with it.

Top Bottom