Any Home Bakers Here?

I thought all the recipes were on the first page. I didn’t know that there was a spreadsheet. Thanks for pointing that out!
Not only is there a spreadsheet but it has tabs at the bottom! I didn't realize that for some time.

I think something sweet like glazed carrots. Candied yams are better.
Not big on adding sugar or marshmallows (which are sugar ;) ) to yams. Butter, cinnamon and some nutmeg for us.

Not done any baking, I hit a low mood and I feel physically drained.
I think you need a :hugs

That's why you cut it in small pieces.
And then eat 4 or 5 :D

Rou base gravy is so good!

Sadly I cannot make flour gravy anymore since my Oldest DD has celiac disease
You can't use gluten free flour? Or maybe arrowroot?

Not only is there a spreadsheet but it has tabs at the bottom! I didn't realize that for some time.

Not big on adding sugar or marshmallows (which are sugar ;) ) to yams. Butter, cinnamon and some nutmeg for us.

I think you need a :hugs

And then eat 4 or 5 :D

You can't use gluten free flour? Or maybe arrowroot?
I use corn starch mostly and thicken at the end

Morning all! I'm sharing one of my husbands favorite cake recipes today! This recipe came from his mom! 💞 When his birthday rolls around...I make this or a German Chocolate cake for him! It's perfect for fall...or anytime of the year!

Applesauce Cake with Brown Sugar Frosting

Cake:
1 1/2c Sugar
1/2c Salted Butter
2 Eggs
2c Applesauce
1c Raisins Chopped (best if run through a grinder)
1/2c Chopped Nuts (optional)

2c Flour
1 1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Cloves ground
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Allspice
1/2 tsp. Salt (optional)

Cream sugar and butter, add eggs, applesauce, raisins & nuts.
Mix dry ingredients together, then combine with the sugar mixture.
Pour into a buttered and floured 9x13 pan.
Bake at 350 about 50 minutes or until center springs back up!

The frosting is a bit tricky to get just right it can come out a bit crumbly if over cooked. Sometimes I get it perfect...sometimes not so much, but it still tastes fantastic! It is quite sweet!

Brown Sugar Frosting
1c Sugar
1c Brown Sugar
1 Tbls. Corn Syrup
3/4 Cube of Salted Butter
3/4 Can of Evaporated Milk
Pinch of Salt (optional)

Combine all ingredients in pan. Cook on med/high heat to boiling...Stirring constantly! Cook to soft ball on candy thermometer! Pour on cake...spread...eat and enjoy!

Last edited:
I first learned to make gravy using cornstarch. When I was newly married the tiny beef roasts we could afford gave up so little fond, fat or otherwise that I resorted to using bouillon cubes, garlic powder, black pepper etc. Although not ideal, it did make very pretty gravy and DH loved it.
I used cornstach growing up too so it is not too much of an adjustment. It does taste good

Morning all! I'm sharing one of my husbands favorite cake recipes today! This recipe came from his mom! 💞 When his birthday rolls around...I make this or a German Chocolate cake for him! It's perfect for fall...or anytime of the year!

Applesauce Cake with Brown Sugar Frosting

Cake:
1 1/2c Sugar
1/2c Butter
2 Eggs
2c Applesauce
1c Raisins Chopped (best if run through a grinder)
1/2c Chopped Nuts (optional)

2c Flour
1 1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Cloves ground
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Allspice

Cream sugar and butter, add eggs, applesauce, raisins & nuts.
Mix dry ingredients together, then combine with the sugar mixture.
Pour into a buttered and floured 9x13 pan.
Bake at 350 about 50 minutes or until center springs back up!

The frosting is a bit tricky to get just right it can come out a bit crumbly if over cooked. Sometimes I get it perfect...sometimes not so much, but it still tastes fantastic! It is quite sweet!

Brown Sugar Frosting
1c Sugar
1c Brown Sugar
1 Tbls. Corn Syrup
3/4 Cube of Butter
3/4 Can of Canned Milk

Combine all ingredients in pan. Cook on med/high heat to boiling...Stirring constantly! Cook to soft ball on candy thermometer! Pour on cake...spread...eat and enjoy!
I do not see salt in the recipe. Do you sneak some in? I do that all the time! I would put a pinch of salt into the frosting too.

Back
Top Bottom