Any Home Bakers Here?

Today is an emotional day. While the reason may sound silly to some, please hear me out.

Around the year 2012, I went to Hawaii on vacation and fell in love with a Leolani Soprano Ukulele that was on display at a gift shop. My parents were kind enough to get it for me.

I learned to play it throughout the years, and loved it and cared for it all this time since I got it in Hawaii so many years ago.

Today, after many years of use and playing, it’s bridge is starting to peel off, so much it is now unplayable. If I try to tune it and tighten the strings, I risk the bridge snapping off.

It’s better if I retire the ukulele so it doesn’t break completely.

What makes me sad is that I can no longer play this ukulele that holds so many memories of my life and me growing up.

I’ll be okay, I just need time to get through this.

Jared
Take it to a music shop and see about getting it repaired.

Dinner! Fresh caught!
You are quite the provider Jared?
Browns? Brook? Rainbow? Something else?

didn’t realize there was a human treat called puppy chow. :lau
Me either!

An the tacos where fun but do not use flour and it hard to come to by corn tortilla here

Ordered a tortilla press off Amazon bought cast iron one I have certain affinity to it :confused:
I see you are on your way. Making corn tortillas is actually really easy.

What makes me sad is that I can no longer play this ukulele that holds so many memories of my life and me growing up.
What they said Jared! Surely it can be repaired for many more years of love and use.

Today is an emotional day. While the reason may sound silly to some, please hear me out.

Around the year 2012, I went to Hawaii on vacation and fell in love with a Leolani Soprano Ukulele that was on display at a gift shop. My parents were kind enough to get it for me.

I learned to play it throughout the years, and loved it and cared for it all this time since I got it in Hawaii so many years ago.

Today, after many years of use and playing, it’s bridge is starting to peel off, so much it is now unplayable. If I try to tune it and tighten the strings, I risk the bridge snapping off.

It’s better if I retire the ukulele so it doesn’t break completely.

I’ll be okay, I just need time to get through this.

Jared
I hope you can get it fixed. I wasn’t so lucky repairing a 1930’s guitar.

I'm sure hundreds or recipes like this (if not this exact one) have already been posted, but here's yet another artisan country white bread recipe:
2 cups warm water
5 cups flour
1 packet yeast
1 tbsp salt

Combine flour and water in medium-large bowl. Mix until a shaggy dough forms (the first time I made this I kept freaking out that it was too dry- turns out you don't need to add more water). Cover at let the flour hydrate for 30 min. Sprinkle yeast and salt on top and incorporate with hands before turning out onto a lightly floured surface. You can add a little more flour if necessary-the dough will be sticky. Knead for two minutes or so, before putting back into a bowl and covering. Let rise for at least an hour (the recipe said 2 hours, but when I first made this I was in a rush. I preheat the oven to 160 fahrenheit, turned the oven off, and let the dough rise in the warm oven for an hour). Carefully pull the dough into a ball at let rise for another 4-5 hours (you can make this 2 hours using the method stated above, but the longer the better). At the end of this rising period, preheat the oven to 450 degrees fahrenheit. You can do the next part 2 ways: if you have a dutch oven, use that. Either way, let the dough rise again while the oven preheats. Put the dutch oven in the main oven while it's preheating, then place the dough into the dutch oven and bake for 30 minutes. If you don't have a dutch oven, like me, place the dough on a greased and floured baking tray or bread basket. Place a pan of water in the bottom of the oven so that steam builds up. Once the oven has preheated, simply put the tray/bread basket in and bake for 30 or so minutes. With the second method, you may need to take the bread off the tray and bake it for a few minutes with the bottom touching the rack-just don't put it directly above the tray of water. Allow to cool before cutting.

Sorry if this isn't perfectly clear; this is my rendition from memory and trial-and-error. I am a total newbie to baking: I've done some sourdough in the past, but aside from that I have a bread machine and therefore get off easy. Please say if anything doesn't make sense!
That made perfect sense :) thanks for sharing

He has grown so much outgrew two crates already had to get a medium harness he outgrew the extra small real fast
I made him a bed of old sweater I do not wear
003.jpg
003.jpg

Back
Top Bottom