Any Home Bakers Here?

penny1960

Yippity do Da Yippity ay
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Dec 29, 2015
Mossyrock, WA
He has grown so much outgrew two crates already had to get a medium harness he outgrew the extra small real fast
I made him a bed of old sweater I do not wear
003.jpg
003.jpg

jnicholes

Crowing
Feb 16, 2017
As far as I know, no one has heard from Aria for some time now. Hopefully she'll come back soon and things are ok with her.

eta: She hasn't been on BYC since 12-25-20.

You know what? I’m very worried about her. Is there anyway we can reach out to her? I’m just curious.

By the way, I wanted to post some clarification about my ukulele. In order to understand this, you need to understand some woodworking.

For wood glue to work, the wood needs to be untreated with ANY type of glue. In order for the bridge to attach to the ukulele, you need wood glue. You also need the wood on that ukulele and bridge to be untreated with any glue. If the wood is treated, the glue will not be effective. I know this from experience when I fixed my guitar. It had the same problem with the bridge.

In order to fix this problem, I would have to shave away part of the wood on the body of the ukulele, to get to untreated wood. Same with the bridge.

The problem is, the body of the ukulele is so thin, if I do this, I risk destroying the body of the ukulele. I was lucky when I had this problem with my guitar and I was able to fix it. Had some help from a woodworking friend.

It’s OK, I’m over it now. I’m keeping it for sentimental value, but I’m unwinding the strings so the bridge stays on. It is now a display ukulele.

Man, I rambled on.

Have a good day everyone!

Jared

Top Bottom