Any Home Bakers Here?

I think Aria thinks I'm being mean to you so maybe it's me. I just love your humor and I'm always putting my fluffy slipper in my own mouth.

:hugs @Aria Bullchick and I are only playing, she keeps me entertained.
I was playing? :oops: Whoops!
:hit Now you’re hitting me? What do I do to deserve being hit all the time?
Someone in here mentioned bone broth. I've heard this is good for our health.
Can anyone tell me the best bones to use please? :)
:eek: Not yours!!!!

I love making bone broth. Here's some info off the top of my head, and I'll add a couple links to what got me started making it the way I do.

https://www.pressurecookrecipes.com/instant-pot-bone-broth/ Lots of good info!

First of all, ANY bones. I've used chicken, turkey, beef, pork. I'd use deer if someone offered me some. The more bones, the better, and bones with lots of cartilage like neck bones and leg bones are great. I haven't tried it, but chicken feet are supposed to be the BEST!

I use a LOT of onions. I save all the onion tops and ends when I chop onions for cooking and put them in a bag in the freezer. Ditto with garlic, carrots, and celery. Some vegetables don't work well; see this link:

https://jenniferskitchen.com/cookin...lude-or-exclude-from-vegetable-stock-or-broth

That's specifically about making vegetable broth, but I used it as a guide for bone broth.

I cook mine in my Instant Pot for 2 hours, let the pressure release naturally. Then I dump it through a colander in to a big pot. Smoosh out the juice to get as much as possible.

SAVE any bones that are still useable. If you can smash them with your fingers, they aren't useable. I get 2-3 uses out of most bones.

I ladle the broth into pint-and-a-half jars for freezing. (It's the perfect amount for cooking rice, so it's handy.) Leave the fat on top. It helps seal the broth in the jar.

Someone in here mentioned bone broth. I've heard this is good for our health.
Can anyone tell me the best bones to use please? :)
I don’t know about best bones we use chicken bones as I know what went into them here.
Probably the bones of 2 chickens Then add onion, some carrots and celery, garlic if you want and 2 tablespoons of vinegar. Few bay leaves and sage. About a gallon of water into InstaPot for 4 hours. Bones will be soft by then. Strain the broth into quart jars usually 4 quarts plus a pint. Metal strainer works.
Pressure cooker would also work.
The rest is fed back to the chickens.

I love making bone broth. Here's some info off the top of my head, and I'll add a couple links to what got me started making it the way I do.

https://www.pressurecookrecipes.com/instant-pot-bone-broth/ Lots of good info!

First of all, ANY bones. I've used chicken, turkey, beef, pork. I'd use deer if someone offered me some. The more bones, the better, and bones with lots of cartilage like neck bones and leg bones are great. I haven't tried it, but chicken feet are supposed to be the BEST!

I use a LOT of onions. I save all the onion tops and ends when I chop onions for cooking and put them in a bag in the freezer. Ditto with garlic, carrots, and celery. Some vegetables don't work well; see this link:

https://jenniferskitchen.com/cookin...lude-or-exclude-from-vegetable-stock-or-broth

That's specifically about making vegetable broth, but I used it as a guide for bone broth.

I cook mine in my Instant Pot for 2 hours, let the pressure release naturally. Then I dump it through a colander in to a big pot. Smoosh out the juice to get as much as possible.

SAVE any bones that are still useable. If you can smash them with your fingers, they aren't useable. I get 2-3 uses out of most bones.

I ladle the broth into pint-and-a-half jars for freezing. (It's the perfect amount for cooking rice, so it's handy.) Leave the fat on top. It helps seal the broth in the jar.
Wow. This is a great amount of information. Thank you very much :)

I don’t know about best bones we use chicken bones as I know what went into them here.
Probably the bones of 2 chickens Then add onion, some carrots and celery, garlic if you want and 2 tablespoons of vinegar. Few bay leaves and sage. About a gallon of water into InstaPot for 4 hours. Bones will be soft by then. Strain the broth into quart jars usually 4 quarts plus a pint. Metal strainer works.
Pressure cooker would also work.
The rest is fed back to the chickens.
Thank you, I really appreciate your advice :)

Back
Top Bottom