Any Home Bakers Here?

I really need to get in gear and make me a loaf of GF bread tomorrow. I'm trying NOT to think about rice pudding in the Instant Pot. DH doesn't like it, I love it and I have no self control when it comes to sweets! :barnie
Mmm, rice pudding! What recipe do you use? I have some leftover brown rice, will that work?

Stopped by the new house today to look at potential garden spots.

Turns out there are two garden spots already there! TWO!

One spot is 35 feet by 40 feet, the other is 14 feet by about 60 feet! No typo!

I need to size those spaces down, I don’t want to have TOO MANY vegetables!

It will take a while to clear out weeds and get the soil ready, so I’ll start the garden next spring.

Stopped by the new house today to look at potential garden spots.

Turns out there are two garden spots already there! TWO!

It will take a while to clear out weeds and get the soil ready, so I’ll start the garden next spring.

You can plant flowers with the extra space!

Mmm, rice pudding! What recipe do you use? I have some leftover brown rice, will that work?
Here's the recipe I use. It's from somewhere online (of course), but I do a few things differently.

1 cup Arborio rice
1 1/2 cups water
2 cups milk (I use whole milk)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon light brown sugar (if desired; gives a good flavor!)
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup raisins (if desired)

Combine water and rice in the Instant Pot. Cook at high pressure for 3 minutes. Natural pressure release for 10 minutes, then release any remaining pressure.

Pour in 1 1/2 cups of the milk, sugar, and cinnamon. Stir. Whisk the eggs, remaining 1/2 cup of milk, and vanilla together. Pour slowly into rice mixture. Stir constantly, and use the Saute function to bring pot to a boil. Add the raisins.

Turn off, and remove the pot. Pudding will thicken as it cools.

But it's really good warm!

I will have to try using brown rice sometime; the cooking time will be longer, but I don't know by how much. So maybe I'll have to try it two or three times to get it right. Dang.

Or else plant stuff that really sprawls, like squash. Or melons. Sweet corn can take a fair amount of space too, as it really needs to be planted in blocks to pollinate better.

Do you have chickens to help clear the areas for you?

This sounds awesome, Jared! I'm happy for you!

If you make a mobile pen for rabbits and ducks, you can let them clear the grass and weeds, and turn the soil. Their poo is safe for plants immediately! :wee

Back
Top Bottom