Any Home Bakers Here?

They're out of the oven and looking good! I can't slice one open until they cool off but here are some photos in the meantime:

Gathering up the ingredients...
View attachment 1326036

Dough is mixed and doing it's 1st rise...
View attachment 1326038

Measuring out the dough so I can evenly divide it into rolls...(this is tacky stuff!)
View attachment 1326039

8 dough balls ready to do their 2nd rise...
View attachment 1326043

After their 2nd rise, brushed an egg wash over them and into the oven...
View attachment 1326060

Yay, all done! Just have to cool and eat!
View attachment 1326048

Sandwiches for dinner tonight :)
Oh my gosh they look so good!! You have huge talent x

Brioche Buns (makes 8)

1 Cup warm water
3 Tab warm milk
2 tsp active dry yeast
2 1/2 Tab sugar
2 large eggs
3 Cups bread flour
1/3 Cup AP flour
2 1/2 Tab unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 tsp salt
Sesame seeds if desired

1. Whisk together the warm water, milk, yeast and sugar. Beat 1 egg.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the flours, salt and butter. Using the paddle attachment, mix the ingredients until the butter is the size of crumbs.
3. Stir in yeast mixture and beaten egg. Run the mixer on medium-low until soft dough forms, about 5-8 minutes. (This is a tacky dough.)
4. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and shape dough into a ball (I just kept the dough in the mixer bowl for this step). Cover bowl with a damp kitchen towel and let dough rise until it has doubled, about 1-3 hours.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a floured dough scraper, divide the dough into 8 equal pieces. (The scale helps with this.)
6. Shape each dough ball. Put them on the baking sheet a few inches apart. Cover and rest for 1-2 hours, or until puffy and slightly risen.
7. When the buns are finished with the 2nd rise, gently brush each one with egg wash. (Whisk the remaining egg with a splash of water to make wash.) If you want to sprinkle with sesame seeds, this is the time to do it.
8. Preheat oven to 400* and place a baking dish filled about 1/2 with water to create steam. Bake buns 15-20 minutes or until brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Brioche Buns (makes 8)

1 Cup warm water
3 Tab warm milk
2 tsp active dry yeast
2 1/2 Tab sugar
2 large eggs
3 Cups bread flour
1/3 Cup AP flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
Sesame seeds if desired

2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the flours, salt and butter. Using the paddle attachment, mix the ingredients until the butter is the size of crumbs.
3. Stir in yeast mixture and beaten egg. Run the mixer on medium-low until soft dough forms, about 5-8 minutes. (This is a tacky dough.)
4. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and shape dough into a ball (I just kept the dough in the mixer bowl for this step). Cover bowl with a damp kitchen towel and let dough rise until it has doubled, about 1-3 hours.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a floured dough scraper, divide the dough into 8 equal pieces. (The scale helps with this.)
6. Shape each dough ball. Put them on the baking sheet a few inches apart. Cover and rest for 1-2 hours, or until puffy and slightly risen.
7. When the buns are finished with the 2nd rise, gently brush each one with egg wash. (Whisk the remaining egg with a splash of water to make wash.) If you want to sprinkle with sesame seeds, this is the time to do it.
8. Preheat oven to 400* and place a baking dish filled about 1/2 with water to create steam. Bake buns 15-20 minutes or until brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
:goodpost:

Brioche Buns (makes 8) Debby...THANKS FOR POSTING. This is beautiful...a recipe to TRY soon. Aria

1 Cup warm water
3 Tab warm milk
2 tsp active dry yeast
2 1/2 Tab sugar
2 large eggs
3 Cups bread flour
1/3 Cup AP flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
Sesame seeds if desired

Brioche Buns (makes 8)

1 Cup warm water
3 Tab warm milk
2 tsp active dry yeast
2 1/2 Tab sugar
2 large eggs
3 Cups bread flour
1/3 Cup AP flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
Sesame seeds if desired

Thank you! Going to try these on Sunday if I have time!

@N F C
Which are you calling a “large egg” for this recipe? :caf
86BF5B77-2A7E-453A-BC22-8B21052C8C00.jpeg
(My JG never laid an egg that close in size to the Pekin eggs)

@N F C
Which are you calling a “large egg” for this recipe? :caf
View attachment 1328158
(My JG never laid an egg that close in size to the Pekin eggs)

I just use the eggs my girls give me. Unless they're weird tiny fart eggs, they seem to be about the same size as what I was buying at the store over the winter (when my lazy gals were taking their winter's rest).

Weird chart...I wouldn't have thought the JG eggs were almost the size of a duck egg either.

Back
Top Bottom