Any Home Bakers Here?

And with that, you’ve reminded me I need new fire extinguishers.
And you reminded me to check mine and ... the fire alarms. I’m terrified of house fires. Being the rednecks we are someone decided to put the old recliner on the fire pit and you would not believe the way that kind of stuff will burn! It sent flames at least 20ft!

And you reminded me to check mine and ... the fire alarms. I’m terrified of house fires. Being the rednecks we are someone decided to put the old recliner on the fire pit and you would not believe the way that kind of stuff will burn! It sent flames at least 20ft!
Soooo… it’s a good thing I haven’t done that yet?

https://www.thegrommet.com/products/mini-firefighter-fire-extinguishing-foam
The $20 can fire extinguisher is simple enough for anyone to use even in a panic. My favorite is the $85 model. :D It’s a ball that you throw into the flames, and it explodes, putting out the fire. You can even leave it in an area, and the flames will hit it, and make it explode. Think of it as a sprinkler system for your kitchen or garage.

We used to have a huuuuge church bonfire after Christmas to burn all the dried-out trees. The flames were easily 30-40ft! My priest would come in with his cassock like Swiss cheese from sparks hitting it!

I'd love some recommendations here from anyone who has a stand mixer, or has recently purchased one. I've been mixing cakes for years with a little electric hand mixer, but tonight the poor little mixer gave out on me. I've been wanting a stand mixer, but I just would love some input onto a good brand to use and what your experiences with your own (and the brand name) have been if you are willing to share. And then, I'll eventually have one on my Christmas ideas list with my husband :)

I'd love some recommendations here from anyone who has a stand mixer, or has recently purchased one. I've been mixing cakes for years with a little electric hand mixer, but tonight the poor little mixer gave out on me. I've been wanting a stand mixer, but I just would love some input onto a good brand to use and what your experiences with your own (and the brand name) have been if you are willing to share. And then, I'll eventually have one on my Christmas ideas list with my husband :)
IMO, Kitchenaid is always the way to go! I had a lovely model for 22 years that I won in a rigged raffle before it gave out this winter. I replaced it with another Kitchenaid.

Exciting to get new kitchen toys, isn't it? :lau

Back
Top Bottom