Any Home Bakers Here?

My mom was Norwegian. She grew up on a farm in Minnesota where nobody spoke English so she learned it in school. My grandmother cooked professionally and I think my mom was a charter member of Gourmet magazine. Growing up we ate stuff nobody heard of! However there were three girls in our family so I preferred outside work to inside. When I got married I knew next to nothing but I had to learn quick, I had culinary desperation!
My dad was a hunter and an expert meat cutter. He did breakfast. The problem was you never knew what species was on your plate. And you NEVER touched his “scrambled eggs”! He tried to feed us brains but we never fell for it! :gig
Tonight I baked a papa Murphy’s pizza, does that count?

My mom was Norwegian. She grew up on a farm in Minnesota where nobody spoke English so she learned it in school. My grandmother cooked professionally and I think my mom was a charter member of Gourmet magazine. Growing up we ate stuff nobody heard of! However there were three girls in our family so I preferred outside work to inside. When I got married I knew next to nothing but I had to learn quick, I had culinary desperation!
My dad was a hunter and an expert meat cutter. He did breakfast. The problem was you never knew what species was on your plate. And you NEVER touched his “scrambled eggs”! He tried to feed us brains but we never fell for it! :gig
Tonight I baked a papa Murphy’s pizza, does that count?
Take and bake is good stuff!

This is probably the last cool morning for a week. Another hot, humid spell is on the way. Chances of rain, but no guarantees, so I'll need to water just in case.

I really want to get the addition to the run done this weekend.

My kitchen adventures will just have to wait a bit. But I sure am enjoying reading about and seeing everyone else's creations!

Folks, you're bringing up so many fond childhood memories for me. My grandmother started me out in the kitchen when I could barely see over the stove... Then she took me to her neighbor's house to learn to cook Italian (her neighbor married a GI and came home with him). All of it was such a wonderful experience.

Back
Top Bottom