Any Home Bakers Here?

I like the way you made the crust for the peach pie.

That would allow you to make a smaller pie when there are only two at home.

They can grow Montmorency in town here but I have never had one make it through the winter. These trees are Evans Bali also known as Evans or Bali. The only place that I have been able yo find them consistently is Burnt Ridge Nursery.

Cherry Jam

4 cups prepared fruit (buy about 3 lb. fully ripe sour cherries)
1 pkg Sure Jell (low sugar type)
1 tbsp butter or margarine
4-3/4 cups sugar

Stem and pit cherries. Measure exactly 4 cups prepared fruit into 6 qt.. saucepan. Stir pectin into prepared fruit in saucepan. Add butter to reduce foaming. Bring mixture to full rolling boil on high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar. Return to full rolling boil and boil exactly 1 min., stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim off any foam with metal spoon. Ladle immediately into prepared jars, filling to within 1/2 inch of tops. Wipe jar rims and threads. Cover with two piece canning lids. Screw bands tightly. Put sealed jars upside down on counter to seal and cool.

I prepare the jars by steaming them upside down in a pan of water with the rings and lids.

It makes enough jam to fill 56 oz. of jars (4 - 12 oz. jars plus 1 - 8 oz. jar or 3 - pint jars plus one half pint jar).

Thanks for the recipe.

I like the way you made the crust for the peach pie.
The crust recipe that I use to make a two crust pie leaves enough extra dough to make an apple dumpling or a one crust pie. If I had enough dough left over, I would have made a whole peach pie.

There is only one of me. I have developed recipes for one person but when it comes to pie, I want the whole pie.

The crust recipe that I use to make a two crust pie leaves enough extra dough to make an apple dumpling or a one crust pie. If I had enough dough left over, I would have made a whole peach pie.

There is only one of me. I have developed recipes for one person but when it comes to pie, I want the whole pie.
I HAVE YOUR PIE CRUST recipe...and I am grateful.
Thanks again, super recipe....Aria

Back
Top Bottom