Any Home Bakers Here?

I’ve got my starter proofing for my bi weekly Champlain loaf. We have not made a fire yet so the house is pretty darned cold, although the chimney cleaner was here today and we got compliments on burning wood correctly! :gig Our son worked for a tree service for a few years and still has friends there so we have had nice dry wood for several years. Don’t know what we’ll do when we’re really old and can’t bring in wood anymore. Maybe bake more???

I’ve got my starter proofing for my bi weekly Champlain loaf. We have not made a fire yet so the house is pretty darned cold, although the chimney cleaner was here today and we got compliments on burning wood correctly! :gig Our son worked for a tree service for a few years and still has friends there so we have had nice dry wood for several years. Don’t know what we’ll do when we’re really old and can’t bring in wood anymore. Maybe bake more???
I switched to a pellet stove when I was still splitting wood in January and February.

and bought a splitter this year.
We got one this last spring, big enough to handle anything DH can muscle onto it. Yeah, it was expensive, but it'll out last us, probably. And, it's always ready when DH is. No scheduling to rent one!

It's cooled off enough that I'm going to bake potatoes today! And I need to make a loaf of bread for DH's weekend breakfast toast.

As long as you can have someone BRING you the wood...YOU WILL NOT be too OLD to burn it. I am OLD...walking with a walker...AND HAD A WOOD FIRE yesterday. The GAS will be on soon.
ENJOY. Aria

We heated with wood when we lived in Wyoming. 10 full-cord every year. At least there were a lot of beetle killed ponderosa pine at a friends place. She had 140 acres that we were helping her clear the dead trees out of. Whatever we didn't take for firewood, she pushed into a pile and burned during the winter when the ground was snow covered and little wind.
We installed a pellet stove in our new place here in Wisconsin because our property is all pasture and field. the only trees are located right near the house.

Back
Top Bottom