Any Home Bakers Here?

Bakers good morning one and all!

Made a ham and spinach quiche, then made a bacon and asparagus quiche.

They are both in the freezer and I will vacuum seal them today.

Have a great day!

Bacon and Asparagus Quiche

IMG_1610.JPG
IMG_1610.JPG
IMG_1614.JPG
IMG_1616.JPG
IMG_1618.JPG

Ham and Spinach Quiche

IMG_1605.JPG
IMG_1605.JPG
IMG_1606.JPG
IMG_1608.JPG
IMG_1620.JPG

I can't figure out how to get the thumbnails deleted.

Attachments

• IMG_1603.JPG
    IMG_1603.JPG
    676.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1609.JPG
    IMG_1609.JPG
    569.4 KB · Views: 0
A pellet stove is a lot like a regular wood burning stove but it has a hopper that you fill with pellets. The stove has a motor and will drop pellets into the stove as needed to keep the fire going. Unlike a wood stove, it will stop feeding pellets when the room reaches the set temperature so it doesn't make you open a window in the middle of winter to cool off the room, and will automatically start up when the room gets cold. Ours works off a remote thermostat - just like your furnace does. It also has a fan to help move the heat out into the room. That is a very simplistic description of a pellet stove.
The pellets are compressed wood (the ones we use are just wood, no binders) and come in 40 lb bags. They look like the pelleted feed you feed your animals. We buy 2 pallets of bags and stack them on our front porch for winter use. You must store the bags of pellets in a dry area - no knocking snow off the pile of firewood to bring it inside the house, lol.

Is this more economical than cord wood?

When we lived in Kentucky we used a wood stove and loved it.

I would even cook on it.

Then we moved back to Virginia we added a wood stove in the basement which heated 3300 square feet.

We had baseboard heat throughout the house and boy was it expensive.

We added a heatalator in the fireplace.

Is this more economical than cord wood?

When we lived in Kentucky we used a wood stove and loved it.

I would even cook on it.

Then we moved back to Virginia we added a wood stove in the basement which heated 3300 square feet.

We had baseboard heat throughout the house and boy was it expensive.

We added a heatalator in the fireplace.
wood is very expensive here!

I pay about $45 a rank for it here in SE MO, a rank being (I think) half a cord. A rank is 4' high x 8' long by one stove length deep. Basically, a rank is a face cord, right? The guy that delivers mine also stacks it, but that's negotiable. Some will deliver it, but just dump it on your property; others charge that but you have to pick it up and load it in your own vehicle for that price. I REALLY appreciate my guy! He does a beautiful job stacking and won't dream of taking any extra for doing so.

I pay about $45 a rank for it here in SE MO, a rank being (I think) half a cord. A rank is 4' high x 8' long by one stove length deep. Basically, a rank is a face cord, right? The guy that delivers mine also stacks it, but that's negotiable. Some will deliver it, but just dump it on your property; others charge that but you have to pick it up and load it in your own vehicle for that price. I REALLY appreciate my guy! He does a beautiful job stacking and won't dream of taking any extra for doing so.
Wood is over $300.00 a cord here

Back
Top Bottom