Any Home Bakers Here?

@MTKitty When you grind cream of wheat, is it the whole wheat berry?
like you would do for flour, but just a coarser grind right? I love cream of wheat but have never thought to grind my own, lol.

I love cream of wheat.

Won't eat oats.

@pennyJo1960, I'm not looking to become a flour snob. :lau

All of us are snobs about one thing or another.

I know I am related to the tea I drink.

First report on the grain mill. The flour was slightly finer than what my blender makes.

I have organic short grain brown rice. I made about 2 cups of flour, and the mill stopped. Overheated? Gummed up? kind of both.

Cleaned it out and had a rethink.

The mill is not to be used for stuff like popcorn, with soft centers. Or maybe the short grain had too much moisture in it. So... maybe long grain rice would work better. That's my next try. Stay tuned...

First report on the grain mill. The flour was slightly finer than what my blender makes.

I have organic short grain brown rice. I made about 2 cups of flour, and the mill stopped. Overheated? Gummed up? kind of both.

Cleaned it out and had a rethink.

The mill is not to be used for stuff like popcorn, with soft centers. Or maybe the short grain had too much moisture in it. So... maybe long grain rice would work better. That's my next try. Stay tuned...
:caf You know we will Sally! I hope you find a good solution!

Spinach artichoke dip in a bread bowl :)
97C187FC-2AF3-41CC-B27E-2A53EEB2C15E.jpeg

Hello Bakers :)

At last I found my way back.

A question.
I've taken out my sourdough out too feed and I've wanted to bake a loaf but the sourdough isn't bubbling. It's smells good. Should I just leave some out enough for a loaf and put the rest back in the fridge or leave it bubble again? .

Back
Top Bottom