Any Home Bakers Here?

Great post just copy and paste where you want it great post leave it here Please.

Yes, do! You can also hit the Report button and ask a moderator to COPY it to where you want it. You could also ask it to be moved, but .... we'd prefer you have it copied, and not removed. We're so proud of this young lady! Is this your daughter? Granddaughter?
Okay, but I feel kinda silly leaving it posted on a baker’s thread where very few of you know who Katie and Evan are!

Katie and Evan are 2 of my grandkids. Evan belongs to my oldest daughter Tam and Katie belongs to son Kenny and daughter-in-law Jenny. Katie was born with a few issues due to her mom’s seizure medication. She has a heart murmur, asymmetrical hips, missing ribs, and Autism. So I suppose that’s the reason I get so carried away with her popularity and accomplishments. She’s also carrying a 4.0 grade average, and has been on the Honor Roll all through Middle School and now high school.

I was her day care provider until she started 1st grade. All of her therapies were done here at the house, and we invented a few of our own that were so successful that the Children’s Resource Center is now using them for other kids as well. All of this experience came in handy when Katie’s little sister was born with Spina Bifida, hydrocephalus, neurogenic bowel and bladder, seizures, developmental delays, and more severe Autism than Katie has. Again, I was Kendra’s day care provider as well. Katie is amazing with Kendra. Kendra is catheterized 5x a day, has an enema every night, and medications to take. Katie has been able to do all of those things since she was 12 years old. So if we are busy, Katie just says, “I’ve got her” and does what needs to be done. Katie is now 16 and Kendra is 10. And they are tight!!

Evan is a typically normal teenaged boy. He’s also 16 and was just awarded Technical/Career Student of the Month. He is the instructor’s right hand man and assists in teaching the CAD classes to the newer or struggling struggling students. Evan and Katie attend different schools because they live in small towns 6 miles apart with separate school districts. There are only 600+ people in our town and about 2000 in the town where Evan lives. So in order to even have a Speech and Debate team, the two schools combine to field 1 team.

And now you know the rest of the story!

Okay, but I feel kinda silly leaving it posted on a baker’s thread where very few of you know who Katie and Evan are!

Katie and Evan are 2 of my grandkids. Evan belongs to my oldest daughter Tam and Katie belongs to son Kenny and daughter-in-law Jenny. Katie was born with a few issues due to her mom’s seizure medication. She has a heart murmur, asymmetrical hips, missing ribs, and Autism. So I suppose that’s the reason I get so carried away with her popularity and accomplishments. She’s also carrying a 4.0 grade average, and has been on the Honor Roll all through Middle School and now high school.

I was her day care provider until she started 1st grade. All of her therapies were done here at the house, and we invented a few of our own that were so successful that the Children’s Resource Center is now using them for other kids as well. All of this experience came in handy when Katie’s little sister was born with Spina Bifida, hydrocephalus, neurogenic bowel and bladder, seizures, developmental delays, and more severe Autism than Katie has. Again, I was Kendra’s day care provider as well. Katie is amazing with Kendra. Kendra is catheterized 5x a day, has an enema every night, and medications to take. Katie has been able to do all of those things since she was 12 years old. So if we are busy, Katie just says, “I’ve got her” and does what needs to be done. Katie is now 16 and Kendra is 10. And they are tight!!

Evan is a typically normal teenaged boy. He’s also 16 and was just awarded Technical/Career Student of the Month. He is the instructor’s right hand man and assists in teaching the CAD classes to the newer or struggling struggling students. Evan and Katie attend different schools because they live in small towns 6 miles apart with separate school districts. There are only 600+ people in our town and about 2000 in the town where Evan lives. So in order to even have a Speech and Debate team, the two schools combine to field 1 team.

And now you know the rest of the story!
Thank you and just WOW. :hugs
I am easily moved to tears these days (since Covid) and this got me right HERE! This just proves that challenges and trials can make us stronger and bring out the best in us.

There are only 600+ people in our town and about 2000 in the town where Evan lives.
It is amazing that there is school all the way through 12th grade in Cowley with that population and a larger town 6 miles away. The students at my end of town have a 7 mile bus ride to school (~5,000 people in the town). The town where DW works has a population something over 800 people and school is only through 8th, older students get tuitioned to larger towns MILES away. No way they have the property tax income to support a high school.

Um, how do I move a post from where it doesn’t belong to where I intended it to be posted? Anybody?

Blooie, many of us on this thread are familiar with your grandkids and love reading about their accomplishments.

On a side note, deleting posts from this thread can cause catastrophic results with the recipe index. Everything works on counters...

It is amazing that there is school all the way through 12th grade in Cowley with that population and a larger town 6 miles away. The students at my end of town have a 7 mile bus ride to school (~5,000 people in the town). The town where DW works has a population something over 800 people and school is only through 8th, older students get tuitioned to larger towns MILES away. No way they have the property tax income to support a high school.
When we had custody of Jamie and Little DIane, she attended the old elementary school here in town. Jamie, being in middle school, was bussed to Deaver and the middle school there. When he entered high school, he was bussed to Byron. His was the second-to-last graduating class in Byron. First Cowley built the new elementary school (by then Little Diane was back with her dad), followed a few years later by the new middle school/ high school. That new school opened in 2010. Our district (District 1) includes the towns of Byron, Frannie, Deaver, Cowley, and Burlington, and now it’s those students’ turn to be bussed to Cowley, except for Burlington. They have their own school, but are still in District 1. Lovell is School District 2.
Good news of ANY kind is always welcome here! I love reading those kinds of posts.

Thanks for making my day, @Blooie.
It is always my pleasure to brag up my grandkids!! ;)
Thanks!!
You watch, @Blooie, there will be a spate of cake and cupcake baking in her honor!
That would be fun!!
Blooie, many of us on this thread are familiar with your grandkids and love reading about their accomplishments.

On a side note, deleting posts from this thread can cause catastrophic results with the recipe index. Everything works on counters...
Thanks! I didn’t know that the counter for the thread would be impacted! Good thing I didn’t do that!

Evan didn’t fare well at the meet. He’s done for the year….he didn’t qualify for Regionals or State. Katie has her last regular meet in Riverton next weekend and State is also in Riverton March 10-12. Katie is already qualified for State. Neither of these two characters are athletically inclined but they’ve found ways to take part in other school activities. Evan started out playing trombone in band but switched to tuba.

I wanted to make ginger biscuits today so tried this recipe. Only I only had low fat peanut butter, and no molasses.. so I used a tablespoon of honey instead. Also used frozen ginger.
I am trying coconut flour as I read it was good for heart health. Plus I also like to experiment with different flours.

https://www.paleorunningmomma.com/s...es-cookies-paleo/#wprm-recipe-container-17313

IMG_20220214_154742.jpg

Back
Top Bottom