Any Home Bakers Here?

The kids (Evan and Katie) had Speech and Debate meets again this weekend. Katie called a little bit ago with the results of her informative speech during the competition in Thermopolis. During her first round, she got a perfect score - 100 out of 100 points!!! She took first place in her second round, and placed 6th overall. What Autism??? Haven’t heard from Evan yet.

This was in last week’s paper:

EEA7228A-E32B-45D5-93FD-7B7508E8C152.jpeg

Katie is embracing high school and thriving! She plays the clarinet (3rd year) and percussion in band, she’s in chorus, drama, Speech and Debate, and the guitar group. She’s also in the STEM program. I stole this photo off her high school web site:

3A47968B-0EE9-4B3E-8276-2C4B6F8B7491.jpeg

Yall wouldn't by chance have a really good icing recipe for cupcakes would ya? I searched on byc but it came up with everything "ice" related lol.
To clarify... icing is like a glaze, frosting comes in different consistencies for decorating. So it depends what yo are looking for. Like a simple buttercream? Chocolate or vanilla? I've made a TON of icing. One of my hobbies is decorating cakes and again.. made a TON. So, if you clarify what exactly what you want I can give you all the details you want.

To clarify... icing is like a glaze, frosting comes in different consistencies for decorating. So it depends what yo are looking for. Like a simple buttercream? Chocolate or vanilla? I've made a TON of icing. One of my hobbies is decorating cakes and again.. made a TON. So, if you clarify what exactly what you want I can give you all the details you want.
Ok...looking for a good decorating icing for cupcakes and those large cookies. It doesn't really have a flavor per say...so I'm guessing buttercream?

Ok...looking for a good decorating icing for cupcakes and those large cookies. It doesn't really have a flavor per say...so I'm guessing buttercream?
Are you wanting to make flowers? The thickness of the frosting (icing :)) depends what you want to make. Giving you a link to YouTube that would explain it better. For a base that will frost about a dozen cupcakes. 1 stick of salted butter that is very soft. About 2 cups of sifted powdered (confectioners) sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla. Beat the butter in the bowl, slowly add the powdered sugar, then beat in the vanilla. If you want chocolate add 1/2 c of unsweetened cocoa powder with the powdered sugar. That is a good consistency for simply frosting. NOTE: if the humidity is high that day you might have to add more sugar.. if the humidity is low you can add a splash of more vanilla or milk. You can add more powdered sugar to get the correct consistency you want for decorating.

Are you wanting to make flowers? The thickness of the frosting (icing :)) depends what you want to make. Giving you a link to YouTube that would explain it better. For a base that will frost about a dozen cupcakes. 1 stick of salted butter that is very soft. About 2 cups of sifted powdered (confectioners) sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla. Beat the butter in the bowl, slowly add the powdered sugar, then beat in the vanilla. If you want chocolate add 1/2 c of unsweetened cocoa powder with the powdered sugar. That is a good consistency for simply frosting. NOTE: if the humidity is high that day you might have to add more sugar.. if the humidity is low you can add a splash of more vanilla or milk. You can add more powdered sugar to get the correct consistency you want for decorating.

This is what I had in mind...there are so many frostings...frosting... I've tried a couple but just not happy with em.
I want a thick but creamy goodness lol!
N thank You soooo much!

Attachments

• Resized_Screenshot_20220211-164323_Facebook.jpeg
    Resized_Screenshot_20220211-164323_Facebook.jpeg
    191 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
The kids (Evan and Katie) had Speech and Debate meets again this weekend. Katie called a little bit ago with the results of her informative speech during the competition in Thermopolis. During her first round, she got a perfect score - 100 out of 100 points!!! She took first place in her second round, and placed 6th overall. What Autism??? Haven’t heard from Evan yet.

This was in last week’s paper:

View attachment 2993178

Katie is embracing high school and thriving! She plays the clarinet (3rd year) and percussion in band, she’s in chorus, drama, Speech and Debate, and the guitar group. She’s also in the STEM program. I stole this photo off her high school web site:

View attachment 2993179
Blooie, that's awesome and amazing! Congrats to her :love! This is why I always spell it AWEtism! :celebrate:clap:clapBe sure and buy her No Boundaries jeans n shirts, lol!

Back
Top Bottom