Any Home Bakers Here?

Hello everyone! Went on a baking spree today.

To accompany my black bean soup for dinner.. made cheddar biscuits.
Course gotta make dessert so made mini maple pecan pies.
I had some leftover pie dough so I invented a pie filling. In a med/small round baking dish I placed the bottom crust and rolled out the top. In a small sauce pan I placed some frozen blueberries with little bit of water and let it simmer. I added a half pint of blackberry jam that was a botched batch.. my family member put WAY too much pectin in it so it was thick as tar. Melted the jam and since there was enough pectin to thicken it. I was amazed that the combination of blueberries and blackberries is wonderful!

Hello everyone! Went on a baking spree today.

To accompany my black bean soup for dinner.. made cheddar biscuits.
Course gotta make dessert so made mini maple pecan pies.
I had some leftover pie dough so I invented a pie filling. In a med/small round baking dish I placed the bottom crust and rolled out the top. In a small sauce pan I placed some frozen blueberries with little bit of water and let it simmer. I added a half pint of blackberry jam that was a botched batch.. my family member put WAY too much pectin in it so it was thick as tar. Melted the jam and since there was enough pectin to thicken it. I was amazed that the combination of blueberries and blackberries is wonderful!
I’m gonna remember that little trick with rhubarb and my strawberry/rhubarb jam!

As for the wishbone, I realize that was supposed to be a riddle but truth be told, I pull it out of any poultry before I roast it! Boy, does that ever make carving easier!

Back
Top Bottom