Any Home Bakers Here?

Bakers good evening one and all!

I'm really late today as I was in Jacksonville having vocal cord surgery and when I got home while working on the computer I fell asleep.

Have a great day with what's left of it!
Hope everything's okay, Ladies-Eight! Speedy recovery to you! :hugs

IMG_2099.JPG

My very first frittata!

Also my first time cooking in a cast iron skillet, and I'm impressed! Nothing stuck to it. My new favorite pan. One thing I made sure of: wearing hot mitts! None of my other skillets have handles that get hot on the stove top, so I kept reminding myself to "mitt up" when I was stir frying the vegetables.

As far as the recipe, I kind of went by what I'd read online, and then made it up as I went along, with that info to guide me. Here's my recipe.

12 eggs (med-lg)
Olive oil
3 cups of vegetables, including:
broccoli, cherry tomatoes, onions, garlic, celery
3 tablespoons whole milk and 2 tablespoons sour cream, mixed together
salt, pepper, Italian seasoning
Parmesan cheese, approx. 1/4 cup

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Oil skillet with olive oil before cooking.
Saute veg in 1-2 tablespoons (more) olive oil in cast iron skillet until they're nearly done.
Whisk eggs slightly, add milk/sour cream, and seasonings and mix a bit more.
Pour egg mixture over veg in skillet.
Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
Bake for 10 minutes. Center should be just firm.

This was my first try, and it's a little bit bland. Next time I'm going to use shredded cheddar cheese, and mix it in with the eggs. And some more/different seasoning. Any suggestions?

Another note: This is a 10" pan. If I had large/extra large eggs, I'd probably use 10. Also, I was going to use spinach, but already had plenty of veg. If I had, I would have added it at the end of the stir frying.

View attachment 2995786
My very first frittata!

Also my first time cooking in a cast iron skillet, and I'm impressed! Nothing stuck to it. My new favorite pan. One thing I made sure of: wearing hot mitts! None of my other skillets have handles that get hot on the stove top, so I kept reminding myself to "mitt up" when I was stir frying the vegetables.

As far as the recipe, I kind of went by what I'd read online, and then made it up as I went along, with that info to guide me. Here's my recipe.

12 eggs (med-lg)
Olive oil
3 cups of vegetables, including:
broccoli, cherry tomatoes, onions, garlic, celery
3 tablespoons whole milk and 2 tablespoons sour cream, mixed together
salt, pepper, Italian seasoning
Parmesan cheese, approx. 1/4 cup

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Oil skillet with olive oil before cooking.
Saute veg in 1-2 tablespoons (more) olive oil in cast iron skillet until they're nearly done.
Whisk eggs slightly, add milk/sour cream, and seasonings and mix a bit more.
Pour egg mixture over veg in skillet.
Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
Bake for 10 minutes. Center should be just firm.

This was my first try, and it's a little bit bland. Next time I'm going to use shredded cheddar cheese, and mix it in with the eggs. And some more/different seasoning. Any suggestions?

Another note: This is a 10" pan. If I had large/extra large eggs, I'd probably use 10. Also, I was going to use spinach, but already had plenty of veg. If I had, I would have added it at the end of the stir frying.
Oh wow, you read my mind! I had actually picked up my phone to look for a frittata recipe! I'm going to make a smaller one but this sounds delicious!

Those dang Swiss are impatient people. It’s like when you pinch off the side of a cake and cover it up with frosting. They tunnel up and scoop bits out to taste as they go.
That is so funny!

What are the holes in Swiss cheese called?

So why does Swiss cheese have holes? Also called “eyes,” they're so essential to Swiss cheese that when they're missing, the cheesemakers say the batch is “blind.” What makes Swiss cheese “holey” is additional bacteria called Propionibacterium freudenrichii subspecies shermanii

Back
Top Bottom