Any Home Bakers Here?

I usually use a plastic bag for piping meringue cookies. For the schaum tortes I made last week, I just used a spoon to plop the meringue done and then swirled it with the back of the spoon. DH doesn't care what they look like, just that they are made when the strawberries are in season, lol. He was so sad eating the last one last night. I made yellow cake for strawberry shortcake - what I grew up eating - but he will probably start whining next week about having more schaum torte. I do spoil him rotten

I put my potatoes in a plastic grocery bag. I put a small hole in it and cook it in the microwave. I adjust the time by how big they are and how many. I don’t do this often but it a quick way to soften it up. Makes great baked potatoes last min. Normally last min happens in my house
I am always concerned about using plastic bags to cook food in the microwave. I worry about the plastic breaking down or off-gassing onto the food. If I do use plastic wrap or anything, I make sure it doesn't touch the food at all. Just another one of my little idiosyncrasy's.

I use paper towels to wrap the potatoes in and then run water on them before placing into the microwave. The water from the paper towels helps to steam the potatoes (at least that is what I think).
I also microwave potatoes until almost done - then dice them up for quick pan frying. It makes it quicker and easier to get the potatoes fried and on the table for the meal.

20220629_165656.jpg

I haven't baked but made a soup I haven't made in years. Made with the last if my free range chicken and locally grown garlic. It's easy and quick

Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup

Ingredients: Garlic chicken, chicken stock and jelly , 3 egg whites salt & pepper

Gentley cook garlic in chicken stock/jelly until soft add cooked chicken stir add water bring up too heat then slowly add egg whites using a fork to spread.

As soon as the egg whites are solid it's ready 😋

Egg and cinnamon custard

20220629_171517.jpg

20220629_171357.jpg

3 eggs yokes
Vanilla
Milk and sugar
Sticks of cinnamon or powdered

Add eggs and 3 teaspoons of arrowroot or corn flour and vanilla into a bowl then beat well
Heat milk cinnamon and sugar in a saucepan

Pour a little milk into the yoke mixing well then add more. Transfer into remaining milk stir well and put onto a low heat until thickened

I had mine with bananas.

Back
Top Bottom