Any Home Bakers Here?

Is there a recipe? Did I miss it?
5 mashed bananas
3 cups flour ( I used whole spelt flour)
1 cup neutral oil ( I used butter)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar ( I substituted 1 cup of maple syrup for the sugars, it was still plenty sweet)
1 tsp salt (I only used 1/2)
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
vanilla to taste (original
recipe calls for 2 tsp. of cinnamon and 1 tsp. nutmeg)
1 cup almond milk ( I used yogurt)
handful of coarsely chopped pecans

mix dry ingredients, mix fluids, mix both together, put into muffins cups and bake 30-35 minutes at 350
enough for 12 generous sized muffins, if you use cupcake tins, makes up to 24 cupcake sized muffins 😉

This is not a recipe, but rather an alternate option, or idea. :highfive:
I was teaching some younger family members , (teens) long ago tricks, and shortcuts. Often times ,,, these were done on camp fire coals. (while camping)
Made Focaccia, I posted one, and recipe a while ago. That one,,, the recipe calls for home made dough. I made this one with ready to open Buttermilk Biscuits dough. I just flattened the individual dough pieces to fit my pan.
IMG_20240121_190433762.jpg

I made my topping with seasonings on hand. Basil, Oregano, Rosemary/garlic, Italian seasoning, (about tablespoon+ of each. Some parsley. 1 Teaspoon. Black pepper, and salt. 1/4 teaspoon each. Enough EVOO to make a consistency of a paste. I added about 1 cup of Mexican style taco cheese.(shredded) Had to add some more EVOO to make the consistency I could easily spread.
You can see the sliced tomatoes in upper right corner. I used about 3 Roma Tomatoes.
IMG_20240121_192148084.jpg

Spread the topping.
IMG_20240121_192422562.jpg

Ready to be baked.
IMG_20240121_192721802.jpg

Out of oven after about 20 minutes, @350°F
IMG_20240121_195543158.jpg

:drool:drool:drool Tasted delicious.
IMG_20240121_205121730.jpg

Also made some Cinnamon Rolls. Yes,,,,,, from a ready to make container. Thank you Pillsbury:frow,, Tube came with frosting packet inside. Bake time was 15 minutes on the Cinnamon Roils. Squeezed out the frosting,,,, and as soon as things cooled, we were enjoying dessert.:drool:drool:drool
IMG_20240121_183914754.jpg

Notes,,,
I let the apprentice's do all the work. This way they feel like they have some equity in the meal prepared.:highfive:

5 mashed bananas
3 cups flour ( I used whole spelt flour)
1 cup neutral oil ( I used butter)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar ( I substituted 1 cup of maple syrup for the sugars, it was still plenty sweet)
1 tsp salt (I only used 1/2)
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
vanilla to taste (original
recipe calls for 2 tsp. of cinnamon and 1 tsp. nutmeg)
1 cup almond milk ( I used yogurt)
handful of coarsely chopped pecans

mix dry ingredients, mix fluids, mix both together, put into muffins cups and bake 30-35 minutes at 350
enough for 12 generous sized muffins, if you use cupcake tins, makes up to 24 cupcake sized muffins 😉
Thank you for the recipe. They look so delicious. Will make them. Aria

This is not a recipe, but rather an alternate option, or idea. :highfive:
I was teaching some younger family members , (teens) long ago tricks, and shortcuts. Often times ,,, these were done on camp fire coals. (while camping)
Made Focaccia, I posted one, and recipe a while ago. That one,,, the recipe calls for home made dough. I made this one with ready to open Buttermilk Biscuits dough. I just flattened the individual dough pieces to fit my pan.
View attachment 3733319
I made my topping with seasonings on hand. Basil, Oregano, Rosemary/garlic, Italian seasoning, (about tablespoon+ of each. Some parsley. 1 Teaspoon. Black pepper, and salt. 1/4 teaspoon each. Enough EVOO to make a consistency of a paste. I added about 1 cup of Mexican style taco cheese.(shredded) Had to add some more EVOO to make the consistency I could easily spread.
You can see the sliced tomatoes in upper right corner. I used about 3 Roma Tomatoes.
View attachment 3733320
Spread the topping.
View attachment 3733321
Ready to be baked.
View attachment 3733322
Out of oven after about 20 minutes, @350°F
View attachment 3733323
:drool:drool:drool Tasted delicious.
View attachment 3733324
Also made some Cinnamon Rolls. Yes,,,,,, from a ready to make container. Thank you Pillsbury:frow,, Tube came with frosting packet inside. Bake time was 15 minutes on the Cinnamon Roils. Squeezed out the frosting,,,, and as soon as things cooled, we were enjoying dessert.:drool:drool:drool
View attachment 3733325
Notes,,,
I let the apprentice's do all the work. This way they feel like they have some equity in the meal prepared.:highfive:
Nice!

I added the post to the Hints tips and how to tab of the index.

I'm doing an experiment. I've been wanting to try making a sourdough bread starter, so I put the beginnings of one together today.

I combined 1/4 cup each of bread flour and rye flour with 2 teaspoons sugar and a half cup water. After it was all mixed together I mixed in 20 or so Oregon grape berries that I picked in the woods out back last summer, then froze. That should give the batter a good dose of native yeast.

I'll post a pic if/when the yeast starts bubbling...

I'm doing an experiment. I've been wanting to try making a sourdough bread starter, so I put the beginnings of one together today.

I combined 1/4 cup each of bread flour and rye flour with 2 teaspoons sugar and a half cup water. After it was all mixed together I mixed in 20 or so Oregon grape berries that I picked in the woods out back last summer, then froze. That should give the batter a good dose of native yeast.

I'll post a pic if/when the yeast starts bubbling...
I read an article recently that said that sugar inhibits yeast.

malt powder works better but you should not need sugar in a starter. Starter breaks down the starch in flour so when you begin adding flour, no more sugar would be needed.

Do you have instructions or a web link for the starter instructions?

I read an article recently that said that sugar inhibits yeast.

malt powder works better but you should not need sugar in a starter. Starter breaks down the starch in flour so when you begin adding flour, no more sugar would be needed.

Do you have instructions or a web link for the starter instructions?
I read quite a few articles and most, if not all, included adding a little sugar or honey as an ingredient.

Back
Top Bottom