Any Home Bakers Here?

Good morning everyone,

Mom came home yesterday from the hospital. She’s doing a lot better. She actually loves the KitchenAid mixer and can’t wait to use it. We showed her all the attachments we could get. She was very excited.

She said “let’s get more paddles, and then the pasta maker attachments.”

Anyway, I’m gonna be doing more baking still. She still can’t do much because of the medicine She’s on for pain.

At least she is home.
That is good news!

Baked a plum cake. (fresh sliced plums) The dough is a basic pound cake recipe. (have from my moms recipe saves) Baking powder raised. I posted the dough recipe before in some of the other options (topping choices) I baked.

Placed plum slices, that were sugar coated into soft dough. Then topped with a sprinkling of sugar, (granular sugar)
IMG_20240329_211633221.jpg

Out of oven after about 50 minutes, @350°F
The sugar created a nice top glaze.
IMG_20240329_220605644.jpg

I did have to wait until cake cooled somewhat. Super soft, and fluffy,, and Delicious with the plum fruit:drool:drool:drool
IMG_20240329_223126330.jpg

Hi folks, I've been gone from here a bit. Missed alerts and haven't been baking. Jared, you've had some stress! I didn't read far enough back to see why your mom was in the hospital but I'm really glad she's back home. I'm glad she likes the KitchenAid, I knew she would, I love mine! What a thoughtful gift. When you asked for suggestions my first thought was the pasta rollers. Bet she'll love them! Bit of a bummer about the Hyundead (great joke, loved it!), but a real blessing your dad's okay.

In other news, my son and his family are coming out for the eclipse from New Mexico, sooo... I did a little celebratory baking today. Or maybe anticipatory? Anyway, here it is, a couple of challah loaves - say "hollah," as in, it's so good, it'll make you hollah, lol!

1000007039.jpg

Baked a plum cake. (fresh sliced plums) The dough is a basic pound cake recipe. (have from my moms recipe saves) Baking powder raised. I posted the dough recipe before in some of the other options (topping choices) I baked.

Placed plum slices, that were sugar coated into soft dough. Then topped with a sprinkling of sugar, (granular sugar)
View attachment 3789056
Out of oven after about 50 minutes, @350°F
The sugar created a nice top glaze.
View attachment 3789057
I did have to wait until cake cooled somewhat. Super soft, and fluffy,, and Delicious with the plum fruit:drool:drool:drool
View attachment 3789058
Looks good :p

Good morning everyone,

Mom came home yesterday from the hospital. She’s doing a lot better. She actually loves the KitchenAid mixer and can’t wait to use it. We showed her all the attachments we could get. She was very excited.

She said “let’s get more paddles, and then the pasta maker attachments.”

Anyway, I’m gonna be doing more baking still. She still can’t do much because of the medicine She’s on for pain.

At least she is home.
So glad to hear that
Hope she gets better soon :D

Back
Top Bottom