Any Home Bakers Here?

I don't cook much that I consider "shareworthy", but I did make something in the oven this week, to use zucchini I got with my veges. It was actually quite nice, very quick and easy AND used up some of my mountain of eggs (huge bonus!). I don't like bacon and I didn't want to go up to the shop for anything else to give it some "zing", so I put a capsicum in to give it some flavour. I also added a teeny bit (not even 1/4 teaspoon) of curry powder and teeny bit of mustard.

http://www.foodtolove.com.au/recipes/zucchini-slice-17865

I'll make this again, it seems a good way to use up whatever veggies you've got, and a heap of eggs. (EDIT, this is similar to sumi's, post 3294)

I also made a lasagna a few weeks ago, I didn't think to post about it at the time. I made my own pasta in my new Phillips Pasta Machine, and I made my own mince from a piece of chuck steak. It turned out really nice, using the "good meat" made it really tasty and non-fatty. I also used sauce I made myself in the slow cooker (just tomatoes, onions, capsicums). If anyone is interested, I can post about it next time I do it, but there's nothing special about it, it's just "normal" lasagna.

Last edited:
I don't cook much that I consider "shareworthy", but I did make something in the oven this week, to use zucchini I got with my veges.  It was actually quite nice, very quick and easy AND used up some of my mountain of eggs (huge bonus!).  I don't like bacon and I didn't want to go up to the shop for anything else to give it some "zing", so I put a capsicum in to give it some flavour.  I also added a teeny bit (not even 1/4 teaspoon) of curry powder and teeny bit of mustard.  

http://www.foodtolove.com.au/recipes/zucchini-slice-17865

I'll make this again, it seems a good way to use up whatever veggies you've got, and a heap of eggs.  (EDIT, this is similar to sumi's, post 3294)

I also made a lasagna a few weeks ago, I didn't think to post about it at the time.  I made my own pasta in my new Phillips Pasta Machine, and I made my own mince from a piece of chuck steak.  It turned out really nice, using the "good meat" made it really tasty and non-fatty.  I also used sauce I made myself in the slow cooker (just tomatoes, onions, capsicums).  If anyone is interested, I can post about it next time I do it, but there's nothing special about it, it's just "normal" lasagna.    

What are capsicums? Lasagne sounds delicious!!

Lol. That's normally me and I have natural food colours in the cupboard. I can't remember why I have these, I think they were to paint a picture on the icing of a birthday cake and the natural ones don't work real well for that. She had already mixed them in before I saw what she was doing. I never usually use artificial food colouring either.
Yeah, I do think it is bad for you, I just wish I could use it every once in a while. But I guess moms are just looking out for the safety of their family's! I remember for my fifth birthday, she made me a Winnie the pooh cake, and instead of frosting it, she gave him a red shirt made out of strawberries, and buttercups for the body. Then she found out you can't eat buttercups, so we all had to pick flowers off our cake. But I loved it.

Back
Top Bottom