Any Home Bakers Here?

FYI, cinnamon is really good for diabetics. I take a 1000mg cinnamon capsule daily.
Yes, I have also heard that about cinnamon. I believe Hubs has some in his arsenal.

I've been debating if I want to make a special meal on Halloween. You know, maybe brats wrapped with strips of crescent roll dough and made to look like mummies, or a pumpkin-shaped and decorated pizza, maybe a cake shaped and decorated like a spider or a pumpkin, etc. I've seen lots of ideas, but not sure if I'm doing anything special or not. Our youngest is still home, though not a little kid anymore. I'm sure everyone would get a kick out of it, anyway. I think you're never too old to have a little fun!

Last edited:
Yes, I have also heard that about cinnamon. I believe Hubs has some in his arsenal.

I've been debating if I want to make a special meal on Halloween. You know, maybe brats wrapped with strips of crescent roll dough and made to look like mummies, or a pumpkin-shaped and decorated pizza, maybe a cake shaped and decorated like a spider or a pumpkin, etc. I've seen lots of ideas, but not sure if I'm doing anything special or not. Our youngest is still home, though not a little kid anymore. I'm sure everyone would get a little kick out of it, anyway. I think you're never too old to have a little fun!

I say go for it, sounds like fun! And take pictures so we can see what you came up with.

I've been debating if I want to make a special meal on Halloween. You know, maybe brats wrapped with strips of crescent roll dough and made to look like mummies, or a pumpkin-shaped and decorated pizza, maybe a cake shaped and decorated like a spider or a pumpkin, etc. I've seen lots of ideas, but not sure if I'm doing anything special or not. Our youngest is still home, though not a little kid anymore. I'm sure everyone would get a little kick out of it, anyway. I think you're never too old to have a little fun!

Last year for a Halloween party, we had someone make mummy dogs. The kids and I made chocolate chip cookies and while they were still hot, we used a toothpick to draw legs coming from the chocolate chips so they looked like spiders all over the cookies. We also made sugar cookies using a gingerbread man cookie cutter and a day of the dead skull cookie cutter. Those we used pen icing tubes to decorate and bone Sprinkles (found at Walmart in the Halloween section) to decorate. They really turned out great! I'll have to see if I can find the pictures :)

Last year for a Halloween party, we had someone make mummy dogs. The kids and I made chocolate chip cookies and while they were still hot, we used a toothpick to draw legs coming from the chocolate chips so they looked like spiders all over the cookies. We also made sugar cookies using a gingerbread man cookie cutter and a day of the dead skull cookie cutter. Those we used pen icing tubes to decorate and bone Sprinkles (found at Walmart in the Halloween section) to decorate. They really turned out great! I'll have to see if I can find the pictures :)

wow never tried decorating like that maybe I will try some wrapped dogs this year

I baked the cinnamon rolls this morning from the recipe that penny posted. I loved the brown sugar in the middle. I also opened a new bottle of cinnamon form Costco. Fresh Vietnamese Cinnamon is the best!

I am off to watch the lemon pied recipe... Thanks.gif

Back
Top Bottom