Any Home Bakers Here?

I do not have glasses....my left eye blurry site and my right eye
is fine. I use drug store glasses to read.

On a brighter subject: I have one loaf of Peasant Bread rising and have all the ingredients for my Multi Grain Bread waiting to be mixed.
I may bake a banana bread....I have very ripe bananas to use.

I do not have glasses....my left eye blurry site and my right eye
is fine. I use drug store glasses to read.

On a brighter subject: I have one loaf of Peasant Bread rising and have all the ingredients for my Multi Grain Bread waiting to be mixed.
I may bake a banana bread....I have very ripe bananas to use.

I guess I have SLOW computer....always double posts. I press reply
and it just sits there. Guess I will leave it and NOT press again.
What a drag.

Ok, here's a strange question. That bread I made, any guesses on if it is made into small round loaves and baked free form rather than in a loaf pan with high sides if it will still behave properly or should I expect it to ooze everywhere? I'm thinking I could make 2-4 bread bowls with 1 batch of that bread...

Ok, here's a strange question. That bread I made, any guesses on if it is made into small round loaves and baked free form rather than in a loaf pan with high sides if it will still behave properly or should I expect it to ooze everywhere? I'm thinking I could make 2-4 bread bowls with 1 batch of that bread...
Add more flour to the dough. Remember, flour amounts are a guide. When I made that recipe, I added more flour and it was still sticky.

It should rise the same though.

Free form dough needs to be stiff so that is does not flatten. Stiffer comes from adding more flour

Add more flour to the dough. Remember, flour amounts are a guide. When I made that recipe, I added more flour and it was still sticky.

It should rise the same though.

Free form dough needs to be stiff so that is does not flatten. Stiffer comes from adding more flour

:fl
I hope it turns out great!

Ok, I'll try it. I added a touch more flour to mine when I made it, I kept kneeding and it never would do what it was supposed to do, it was just sticky and sticking to EVERYTHING so I added a touch more flour and it was like magic how it smoothed out.

I might try it tomorrow. I'll get the starter out and feed it well tonight and tomorrow morning to get it bulked up enough.

Ok, I'll try it. I added a touch more flour to mine when I made it, I kept kneeding and it never would do what it was supposed to do, it was just sticky and sticking to EVERYTHING so I added a touch more flour and it was like magic how it smoothed out.

I might try it tomorrow. I'll get the starter out and feed it well tonight and tomorrow morning to get it bulked up enough.
Yes! Like that but even more flour. You can test it by making a ball to see if the ball stays round

that really was a saving grace for me giving up to soon on the dough not putting in more flour funny went months fine then boom flat my french bread had been doing it great @ronott1 was good enough to remind me and yes that was it..
tonight pork spareribs boneless Stubbs bar - b - cue sweet heat ... mashed potatoes steamed carrots

Back
Top Bottom