1/2 Cup + 1 Tab sugar
2 Tab + 2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 Cups buttermilk
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 Cup vegetable oil
1/4 Cup unsalted butter, melted

1. Pre-heat oven to 425*.
2. In large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
3. Add buttermilk, eggs, oil and melted butter. Stir until smooth but do not overbeat.
4. Let sit 5-10 minutes.
5. Line 1/2 size baking sheet with sides (18"x13") with foil (making sure the foil is large enough to hang over the sides) and spray foil with no-stick.
6. Smooth batter into foil-lined pan.
7. Bake about 20 minutes or until wooden toothpick comes out clean.
8. Using the foil, gently remove from baking sheet and cool on a rack.

If you use a different size baking pan, you'll get a different thickness which may affect baking time. Using the size I do, the corn bread comes out about 1/2" thick.

Customers commented they liked this because it wasn't dry and it wasn't too sweet (but enough sweet it wasn't too savory).
Thanks!

This looks like an interesting place for ordering cake, candy and other baking things from:
shop (The Cake Connection). They have lots of flavorings, some how-to's, fondant & gumpaste, some pulled sugar supplies. And gelatin art stuff, beautiful examples of that. An interesting looking place...sometimes it's just fun to 'window shop'.

It's nice to be back here! This place has really grown. I love baking and cooking but baking especially. It's so great to watch the folks reactions when they dive into the food you made. :)
welcome.gif
People really do love home baked goods!

The lemon curd is resting in the fridge along with the lavender cookie dough.

I baked the apple streussel for an afternoon snack:
Apple Streussel and ice cream.jpg

The Apples are rose pippins from the local farm drop off I use called Farm Fresh to You.

It turned out great...which is a good thing since those apples were a bit pricey

Back
Top Bottom