Any Home Bakers Here?

Those are hilarious! You'll be the hit of the Halloween treat table, lol.

So how do they taste, are they good?
Surprisingly very good. I had to taste to avoid embarrassment, kept a few for us. Next time, I won't worry about poop look, just hand roll in balls and bake. Don't know it the icing adds or not yet. They are not overly sweet without, but very good. But a little icing never hurt anything. I would give the recipe 5 Stars.

You're going to have to come back here and tell us what the reactions were!

It's things like chicken poop cookies that almost make me miss my old office...almost.

You're going to have to come back here and tell us what the reactions were!

It's things like chicken poop cookies that almost make me miss my old office...almost.
The cookies were a hit! Everyone ate all and jokes about the "rooster poop" were abundant.

If you try them, I would add a little more moisture, maybe just a little milk. They were great after cooling last nite, but a little dry today, IMO.

Hello eveyone!!!
I finally got a new GE oven and am so glad because old man winter showed up in a hurry here in the south. My Mom is heading this way and will be here in a week. I am beyond excited to be able to have her here in my home as she has never been here and I live 2000 miles from her. I have a ton of things to do to get ready for her arrival but one thing I would like to do is make her some bread. She has has gastric bypass surgury and eats wheat breads. I found a recipe for honey wheat but I was wondering if anyone had any advice or tips for wheat bread.
Also the chicken poop cookies may find there way into our Christmas cookie trays!!!

Happy baking everyone, stay warm

Hello eveyone!!!
I finally got a new GE oven and am so glad because old man winter showed up in a hurry here in the south. My Mom is heading this way and will be here in a week. I am beyond excited to be able to have her here in my home as she has never been here and I live 2000 miles from her. I have a ton of things to do to get ready for her arrival but one thing I would like to do is make her some bread. She has has gastric bypass surgury and eats wheat breads. I found a recipe for honey wheat but I was wondering if anyone had any advice or tips for wheat bread.
Also the chicken poop cookies may find there way into our Christmas cookie trays!!!

Glad you got the new oven. Honey in wheat bread or rolls is the way to go…the honey gives it a softer texture and great flavor.

My DH loved the poop cookies as they were, but if I try again, I'll add just a little milk to make them a touch softer.

Hello eveyone!!!

Yay, you got your oven! Between your mom coming and the new appliance...you will have every excuse needed to stay busy in the kitchen. And you're right about the weather thing if yours is anything like ours has been the past couple days. It hasn't gotten above 60 during the day and drops down to about 40 at night. I know all the northern folks think that's funny, but I didn't move from Kansas to FL to freeze my bum off!

I haven't tried much in the way of wheat bread. My husband does not like sweet-tasting breads and the honey thing turns him off. Maybe you all know of a non-sweet wheat bread?

Glad to have you back among the baking Jenn!

I make a mean Honey Wheat bread - I will have to find the recipe. Haven't made it in a couple of years though, so I guess I should say I MADE a great Honey Wheat bread. I grind my own wheat for this, so I am not sure how store bought whole wheat flour works out. I do remember that I used some white all-purpose flour to make it lighter, and I like the white winter wheat over the red winter wheat.

My favorite recipe with my home-ground red wheat is Indian Fry bread. I always wanted to try it with jam but it gets eaten so fast when I make it.

My one piece of advice is- mix your dough a little bit softer than you do a regular loaf, add a little bit more water. Whole wheat flour is heavier than all-purpose.

I make a mean Honey Wheat bread - I will have to find the recipe. Haven't made it in a couple of years though, so I guess I should say I MADE a great Honey Wheat bread. I grind my own wheat for this, so I am not sure how store bought whole wheat flour works out. I do remember that I used some white all-purpose flour to make it lighter, and I like the white winter wheat over the red winter wheat.

My favorite recipe with my home-ground red wheat is Indian Fry bread. I always wanted to try it with jam but it gets eaten so fast when I make it.

My one piece of advice is- mix your dough a little bit softer than you do a regular loaf, add a little bit more water. Whole wheat flour is heavier than all-purpose.
Please! Post the mean Honey Wheat Bread Recipe! Please!

Yay to a baking thread! I make whole wheat honey bread (don't grind my own wheat though!), while wheat pizza dough and challah bread for special occasions because it looks fancy and people are all impressed even though it's super easy. Lol. I've been doing stuffed challah too. Have stuffed it with cheese and broccoli and with ham and cheese. I really want to try some sourdough and have some sourdough recipes pinned on Pinterest with how to make your own sourdough start, but just haven't been brave enough yet.
Also, whoever posted that cinnamon roll recipe a few pages back, I think I will be making that for Christmas this year.

Back
Top Bottom