Any Home Bakers Here?

Hi wyoDreamer,

I've never heard of Kringles, what are they? Is that a recipe you wouldn't mind sharing with us?
I am just posting the link to the recipe for the Kringles - they are a bit putsy but completely worth it all. This recipe comes from the actual bakery in Wisconsin that makes them and they are the absolute best I have had. The butterscotch filling in the recipe is to die for! I don't like nuts so much, but even I can't stop eating this. I make cherry, blueberry, and cream cheese filling also. Just a note of warning, bake them in pan with a rim. That filling will run out the ends and since it is sugar based, it will burn badly in the oven.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/kringle-recipe0.html

They are the WISCONSIN OFFICIAL STATE PASTRY.

And if you don't feel like making your own, you can mail order them! This is a different bakery than the recipe, they are good, but not as good as the O&H Bakery ones. lol
http://www.kringle.com/shopping/kringle_multi_packs.lasso

Last edited:
Oh that recipe looks good! I did a search to find an actual picture of one to better understand what the final product would look like. Nice to be able to make them with so many fillings. Do you really take 3 days to make them?

Kringles, kinda like a homemade toaster strudel?

Any one ever try Ooey Gooey cake? I found a recipe on a cake mix box from Aldi's, it adds a three eggs a half cup of butter a package of cream cheese and confectionery sugar, and when it is done dusted with confectionery sugar, super rich. I don't usually like sweet stuff but this is good!

@Beer can

Is the avatar your rooster, he's really a fine looker. What is he?

Welsummer, very calm and friendly roo and nice to the hens. Is yours a barred rock? I thought about getting Dominiques because of their heritage, along with about a dozen other heritage breeds, luckily my wife wouldn't let me.

Eggplant Parm! One of my favorites!
My father in law has made it with yellow squash in the summer. He has a bakery and uses the bread slicer to slice them up, perfect slices. It turns out very good, but eggplant sure has a flavor of its own.

Welsummer, very calm and friendly roo and nice to the hens. Is yours a barred rock? I thought about getting Dominiques because of their heritage, along with about a dozen other heritage breeds, luckily my wife wouldn't let me.

Eggplant Parm! One of my favorites!
My father in law has made it with yellow squash in the summer. He has a bakery and uses the bread slicer to slice them up, perfect slices. It turns out very good, but eggplant sure has a flavor of its own.
My avatar is Dottie, Barred Rock. When I was planning was gonna get Dominique,Bo, and Amerucana from a breeder. Didn't work out and got 3 BR and 3 BO hatcher girls from local feed and pet store. They have been a pleasure to raise.

I never liked eggplant growing up, my mom always fried it. But I love it grilled and in parm.. Eggplant tends to take on the flavor of whatever you cook it with..low cal, high fiber offsets all the cheese goodies we add.

DH made his special chicken parmesan for my b-day dinner tonight. Delicious and plenty of leftovers for future enjoyment!

DH made his special chicken parmesan for my b-day dinner tonight. Delicious and plenty of leftovers for future enjoyment!
yippiechickie.gif
Happy birthday! Bet you're same age as me and Jack Benny 39?

Thanks sunflour! Yep, us and Jack Benny, lol. We may be among the few that even know who Jack Benny is (or was)! But sure, 39 works.

Back
Top Bottom