Any Home Bakers Here?

Lol i trade you i want one that works that well!!! My stove top of my oven is slowly going out. Three burns out of four work and i have another one that sone days doesnt want to work i am going to have to buy a whole new one since its a combo one.
Sometimes it is just the cooking element and those can be replaced?

I have a separate gas cook range and an in wall electric oven.

Yeah we had to get a new stove/oven too. My front burners wouldn't turn off all the time. Talk about scary, walk in and the burner was bright red even though the stove was supposed to be completely off.
So we did get a convection oven. I do not see a huge difference with it, but I have not got to use it alot yet.

lol sorry. My oven is convection and about the same age as yours, little rough around the edges but get's the job done.
smile.png

Not much of a "sweets" baker but once and a while I get a sweet tooth-

Those are awesome, please post recipes
droolin.gif

Yeah we had to get a new stove/oven too. My front burners wouldn't turn off all the time. Talk about scary, walk in and the burner was bright red even though the stove was supposed to be completely off.
So we did get a convection oven. I do not see a huge difference with it, but I have not got to use it alot yet.
Turning itself on, now that's scary.

Last edited:
Beautiful looking sourdough burger buns! Care to share the recipe?
Thanks Sure I have to go out for a bit but when I get back I will type it up.

What recipe did you use for your sourdough burger buns? I would like to try them, yours looks so good!
My own recipe after lot's of practice and test batches.

I make a lot of sourdough stuff- Here's a very simple no-knead sourdough/beer bread

Lol i have tried the other burns in the mess up ones place sadly it didnt do anything either so its the spot. And i would be freaking iut organic however it would have already got me a new stove mmmm no i couldnt pretend grr lol. And i agree i am getting jealous as well i think the heart cheese cake is just showing off how did you get them to look like hearts?

Thank you. A note on recipes. I am always glad to share, but you can give the same recipe to 10 people and get 10 very different outcomes. The buns took me a long time to get to where I am happy with them. Many disasters- old pic but they use to look like this- still good taste but not exactly what I wanted. Cheers

Thank you. A note on recipes. I am always glad to share, but you can give the same recipe to 10 people and get 10 very different outcomes. The buns took me a long time to get to where I am happy with them. Many disasters- old pic but they use to look like this- still good taste but not exactly what I wanted. Cheers

You're absolutely right about practice. I think that's especially true with breads. It took me a lot of tries to be able to do this one:

Still struggle sometimes with the shaping but we're happy to eat the funny shaped ones!

Usually I would say that the good thing about practice iis "its free education"...

In a bakers' case, it might not be free, but usually we can eat our mistakes :D

Oh... That might not be a good thing for the girlish figure if we make too many mistakes ha-ha ;)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom