Any Home Bakers Here?

are you talking about the doughmaker pans?
Yes! The non stick spray will discolor them. They are kind of non stick because of the pebbles so a little bit of oil works fine.

oh yeah aluminum duh....
You got it!

Aluminum cannot take dishwasher soap.

I want some!
Most of the baking pans I have are too large to go in the dishwasher, but I never thought about the soap harming aluminum. Learn something new everyday. As far as non stick spray, I haven't used that in years, I don't have good results with it, (I'm sure it is me, not the product
big_smile.png
), so I use shortening (or butter) to grease baking dishes and cookie sheets if needed. I actually use a pizza stone to bake biscuits on but I really like the looks of that biscuit pan + all the other goodies that dough makers has.

I want some!
Most of the baking pans I have are too large to go in the dishwasher, but I never thought about the soap harming aluminum. Learn something new everyday. As far as non stick spray, I haven't used that in years, I don't have good results with it, (I'm sure it is me, not the product:D ), so I use shortening (or butter) to grease baking dishes and cookie sheets if needed. I actually use a pizza stone to bake biscuits on but I really like the looks of that biscuit pan + all the other goodies that dough makers has.

I use parchment paper on the baking sheets, cake pans and such. I do use non stick spray in the muffin and bread pans.

I don't use non-stick spray either, something about that stuff always chokes me up and makes me cough. Parchment paper is my friend, I use it for almost everything. I haven't used the new loaf pan yet but if I need to use something to keep stuff from sticking, it will probably be a dab of butter or shortening.

The pizza stone works great for bread too. One of my favorite recipes involves really wet, sticky dough, so I blop it on a piece of parchment that's been sprinkled with cornmeal and set it on top of the hot stone in the oven.to bake. Sure makes for easy clean up.

Oh you guys need one of these then!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B014G...oil+mister&dpPl=1&dpID=41p2B+Bp1aL&ref=plSrch

71%2Bt-LjvexL._SL1500_.jpg

They are awesome! Just put olive oil in it and it pumps up like a mister so you don't have to spray your lungs while putting oil in baking cups or on top of loaves, etc...

I'm a fan of parchment paper though, unless I have some silicone cups; but I'm still leery on silicone, I've dumped things out accidentally from forgetting how flimsy it can be. :p

Edit* wow lol, sorry about the huge picture :p

Last edited:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B014G...oil+mister&dpPl=1&dpID=41p2B+Bp1aL&ref=plSrch

They are awesome! Just put olive oil in it and it pumps up like a mister so you don't have to spray your lungs while putting oil in baking cups or on top of loaves, etc...

I'm a fan of parchment paper though, unless I have some silicone cups; but I'm still leery on silicone, I've dumped things out accidentally from forgetting how flimsy it can be.
tongue.png

Edit* wow lol, sorry about the huge picture
tongue.png

I had one of those but it disappeared--That happens around here sometimes.

I liked it and will get a new one on my amazon list.

I'm a fan of parchment paper though, unless I have some silicone cups; but I'm still leery on silicone, I've dumped things out accidentally from forgetting how flimsy it can be.
tongue.png

Edit* wow lol, sorry about the huge picture
tongue.png
I'm learning all kinds of new things. Who knew?!? there was a mister, I suppose live in the dark ages.
hmm.png

I had one of those but it disappeared--That happens around here sometimes.

I liked it and will get a new one on my amazon list.
Those chickens are sneaky that way
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom